Thursday, November 12, 2009
Pulling The Covers Up Over My Head And Crying....
The week so far:

Monday: Get a letter from USCIS stating they cannot process our one time extension of our I-171H until we have our now 18 year old son fingerprinted by the FBI. They also state that we will need a completely new home study. What? At the bottom of the form their is information about people that do not belong in our family. It seems they have our paperwork mixed up with another family.

I can totally understand why Zach has to be fingerprinted, although, we thought it would not be an issue because our petition was excepted a week before he officially turned 18. I talked with our social worker and she also does not understand why we would need a completely new home study. We have emailed, faxed, called, etc. and can get no one to answer our questions.

Tuesday: Decide to have Zach go down and have the live scan fingerprints done that are needed for our social worker to update our home study. Oops, can't do that, as my child has lost his drivers license!!!

Wednesday: All government offices closed.

Thursday: Send Zach down to DMV, where he waits in line for three hours to get a new drivers license. They give him a temporary and tell us the new one will arrive within two weeks. Two Weeks??? Eeeks.

Basically, we cannot take care of this situation until he gets his new drivers license. It is possible we will pass court and not be able to travel because the paperwork will still not be complete.

I want to cry!

Please, please pray that we get his new driver's license in a few days. I know that if we storm the doors of heaven our Heavenly Father will not ignore us.

I have talked with our local Congressman and he has assured me that once we pass court he will do everything in his power to expedite the paperwork. We just need to get Zach's fingerprints done so the process can start.

I am really trying to stay calm, but my insides feel just sick over this whole situation. I am so mad at myself for not looking at all the paperwork more carefully and not catching this mistake a month ago.

I know our children are being well cared for right now. I just don't want anything to keep me separated from them one moment longer than I have to be.

Thanks for your prayers my friends. You are the best.

Labels:


  posted at 5:42 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Workship said...

We'll be praying for you. That is so hard! The God who hung the stars and created DNA knows your needs; we'll be praying He gives you peace as you wait.
Daisy
daisycrazyliving(dot)blogspot(dot)com

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Christina Hubbard said...

Praying!! But I must say...I have felt like doing the same!!! This has been a tough week. I keep thinking if there is a bump in the road...we are sure to hit it throughout this process. BUT I am reminded that Our Heavenly Father hears our cries!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Missy said...

HUGE ((HUGS!!)) I am sorry you are stuck in paperwork limbo! Call anytime to vent...I'm right there with ya!!!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh my word. I'm so sorry! I will be praying for sure. I've been out of the loop (flu, kids sick, women's conference) so I have like 205 blogs to catch up on. But I came here first cuz I was hoping for word. And the word is: PRAY! So pray I will.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Annie said...

we'll be praying!! julie, these things always work out but they are such a hassle to go through. SO sorry :(

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Breann said...

Oh Julie I am so sorry. It will get worked out. I just know it will. I was just a USCIS today. No line and they said they could expedite it if we needed it. I don't think we do since there has been no court date assigned yet... UGH :( I am praying that it will be resolved quickly. Please know you are in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: