Friday, October 23, 2009
Turning 18


First off, I want to say, I am sorry I have been such a bad blogger lately. We have so much going on that getting onto the computer just has not been a priority.

Zach turned 18 last weekend. How could this possibly be? I don't feel old enough to have a child that is legally of age. Oh well, it happened, I must accept it.

We had a great time with family. We ate all his favorites. Subway sandwiches, fruit, Chinese chicken salad and nachos. A Baskin Robbins ice cream cake rounded out the pig out. This is my kid that watches what he eats and has great self control (something he inherited from his Dad) so this pig out was a great treat for him. I think he has gone to the gym every day this week to make up for it.

Opening his presents. Mostly cash, just what every American teen loves! Check out my dark roots. I SERIOUSLY need to color my hair!

Grandma giving Zach a hug while checking out his new snuggie. He had joked that he would love to have one of those. It was a big hit!

His little sister is trying to blow out the candles before he gets a chance. He was a good sport about that.


The end to a perfect day. Wrapped in his snuggie, computer on his lap (looking at ESPN no doubt) and faithful dog by his side. Happy Birthday Zach! We love you so much and are so blessed to have you as our son!

Just for fun I had to include this picture. Garrett's favorite sport is annoying his older sister. I think there is some rule that says little brothers are required to do this.


She finally had enough and decided to "take him down". She seems pretty happy with herself.

  posted at 8:28 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 1:29 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Wow. EIGHTEEN?! Congrats - it's a monumental occasion. . . for all of you :) :)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger crispy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I look forward to connecting more. I am curious to know how you feel about the spread of the ages of your kids. We are also going to have a big age gap and sometimes I wonder what we are thinking about the baby stage again. God know just what we need and I look forward to how it will all work out.

Blessings,

cris

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Cris,

I love babies so am excited about a little one again, however, it will be hard in many ways. It has been a long time (my baby is 6) that I have had to worry about a little one chocking on a lego, etc.. However, we put this decision in God's hands and I am thrilled to be getting both a 7 year old and a baby. Seven is one of my favorite ages for boys, so yes, I can see God's hand in all of this and we are trusting in Him. You can email me at lll_blog@yahoo.com and we can talk more.

Blessings,
Julie

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger megan said...

Haha I love the snuggie!!!

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hi Megan,

Yes, the snuggie is a big hit. All of the kids want one now (in leopard print).

Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: