Monday, October 26, 2009
So Much Fun!
I had so much fun this weekend shopping for crib bedding and buying little girl clothes. We planned decor for the room the girls will share. I am going to go and buy paint today and start the makeover this week.


My fabulous friend Roxanne and her hubby Terri are giving us this crib.

Isn't it pretty? They are also giving us the mattress they bought. Neither piece has every been used. I love the drawer underneath for blankets, etc.. What a blessing this is for our family!

I bought this cute ladybug bedding and was so excited when I saw it because Paige has been telling me she wanted her room decorated with butterflies and ladybugs. This is perfect!

By the way our beautiful baby girl will be named Amelia Tigist. We are keeping her Ethiopian name as her middle name.

Our son will be named Levi Getaneh. Again, both the name his Dad and I picked for him, plus his Ethiopian birth name.

I also did a lot of thinking about Levi this weekend. I almost bought him some clothes but I am waiting for some updated measurements first. I had a very strong urge to buy some trucks and cars but my niece who was shopping with me stopped me. They are giving us an adoption shower next month and I think they want the privilege of buying him a few things first.

Our children are so loved by our entire extended family already. We are all so anxious to get them home so they can be with us forever.

Levi will share a room with Garrett. It is the room that all three boys share right now. We are going to move our two teen boys down to the office and give the two younger boys there own room. I told Garrett we will wait until Levi is home to repaint, etc. so they can pick out decor together. That should be lots of fun!

Unfortunately, I am loosing our office school room but I am trying to think of some creative ways to put the stuff (and when you homeschool you have lots of stuff!) around the house. I definitely need to fit in some more bookshelves around. I'm sure it will all work out.

I am hoping that after the kids are home and settled we can convert our third car garage into the school room/office. That would work out great. I just need to save the $$$$$$ to get that done.

Amelia and Levi, we can't wait until you are home! Praying hard this week to hear about a court date!

Labels: ,


  posted at 7:12 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 12:34 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Checking in!

What a lovely crib! I am hoping that sooner rather than later you will have a little someone sleeping in there. ;)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Lori said...

All so exciting and I love the crib! Hopefully everything will move along quickly.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Names! Yay, we have names!

Now we just need pictures ;)

But I LOVE the names. And they can tide me over till you can show us pictures . . . I think.

;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: