Friday, November 06, 2009
The Party!
My mom turns 90 next week. So, besides all the excitement over our court date and trying to get the house organized and ready for two new additions, we decided to throw my mom a giant celebration.

Because, you know, we have nothing else going on.

Seriously, I love my mom so much, and am thrilled to have this party for her. However, the timing, it could have been a little better.

The party is at our house. Tables and chairs have been delivered. Catering ordered. Cake ordered. Etc. Etc. Etc......

My brother and sisters have been a huge help getting everything ready. It has just been a much larger undertaking than I had originally thought.

We are expecting around 90 people. Please pray for no rain. There is no way I can put all those people in my house.

We went and had our hair done.


Samantha modeling her new do.


Our sweet friend Shauna cuts our hair. Paige brought her giraffe for a quick trim too!

Very intently watching Shauna do her magic on Mr. Giraffe.


Doesn't he look great.

Our friends have been so fantastic to us during this adoption journey. Samantha and I both had our hair washed and styled plus our eyebrows waxed. Shauna charged us $20.00. It was the "adoption" special apparently. Yes, we are very blessed.

Well, it is 5:00 a.m. and I am off to Walmart to pick up a few extras for the party tomorrow. I'll post pictures after I take a long nap tomorrow evening.

Labels: ,


  posted at 5:07 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: