Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Why Is There Never A Pen Around When You Need One?
*disclaimer: if you are a male reader you may want to skip this post. I'm just sayin.

At times, the adoption journey can be frustrating. And long. And expensive. And faith building. And completely wonderful!

Yesterday I had a new experience to add to our adoption journey.

While having my yearly "woman's" exam my cell phone began to ring. I ignored it. A few moments later the phone began to ring again. The doctor tells me that she is going to grab it as it might be one of the kids. OK, fine, I think.

I answer the phone with my annoyed voice really not wanting to speak to anyone while I am in the dreaded stirrups. It is not my kids. It is officer Johnson from the Los Angeles office of United States Customs and Immigration Services office. He wanted to inform me that they had our extension ready to go but were waiting on our updated home study to finish processing it. I told him I understood this and we were waiting for our updated finger prints so I could send it to him. He was very nice and I was extremely impressed that they would take the time to call me.

Two thumbs up for L.A. U.S.C.I.S..

However, the next time I talk with them I would prefer to not have my feet three feet in the air and a cold metal object being probed inside of me.

He gave me lots of information that I should have written down, but alas, I did not have a pen on me. When my doctor asked me who that was I got to giggling so hard I could hardly answer. However, when I did, we both had a good laugh about it.

After I got the call from Officer Johnson I received an email from our social worker saying that they had received our fingerprints report from the state. It only took 9 days! Thank you Lord for answered prayer. She is sending the report to us overnight so I can send it to USCIS tomorrow. I am hoping Officer Johnson gets it and processes it asap.

So, we are still waiting for our court date and hopefully we will hear something in the next week. I can't wait to hold that new I-171H in my hands so I will know that nothing can stop us from going and getting our kiddo's once we pass court. Amen to that!

What do you think Officer Johnson would think if I had told him what I was doing as we talked? Poor guy probably would have had a heart attack!

Labels:


  posted at 5:55 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Jill said...

That is hilarious!! OMG! Well, at least it was good news he was calling with.

I wish your court date would hurry up!!! It's about to drive me nuts. Like I have to tell you that! LOL

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Christina Hubbard said...

That's great...:)!!! He sure would have stumbled over his words...
Here's to some more court dates!!!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Oh my goodness!! That is HILARIOUS!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Oh yes. I am VERY glad you didn't!!! He probably is too and just doesn't know it! :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger LISA said...

OK Julie...How could you not call that pretty close to childbirth??!!! LOL!!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Breann said...

How funny we are currently waiting for our fingerprints to be turned to our social worker for an extension as well. I am dying. It is all I think about. I am so tired of waiting. I am praying for peace and it comes for moments. I am not sure I will find peace until I know my kids are ours.

Praying for good news this week. We gotta be close to getting a court date. Good luck.

ps. Cute halloween costumes.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh my, that's funny!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

LOL - you kill me. That's got to be one of the best adoption stories I've heard to date. You crack me up.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Annie said...

TOO FUNNY!!!

Hope Officer Johnson comes through for you again :) Here's hoping for a quick court date!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Oh my....

but so glad that you got some good news (and the exam behind you!)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: