Sunday, October 25, 2009
Life Is Like A Box of Donuts
Posted by Picasa


If I want to make my children really happy I show up in the morning with a fresh box of donuts. Its amazing the giant smile the treat of a sprinkle donut can produce.

I have been feeling like my children lately. Blessed by so many in ways that I am sure the giver was really unaware of. It has made me realize how powerful a kind word or a smile really is. I think at times we all tend to forget this.

Through our adoption journey we have been blessed beyond measure. Our family and friends are supportive and excited about our new family members. Even those who, I am sure, think we are CRAZY have been overall supportive and loving.

We have had family members offer to throw us a shower (a new baby in the family, yeah!), buy our new son toys and clothes, paint rooms or help us get ready in any way possible, some have given us money to help pay for our expenses and others have just been there when I needed to vent my frustrations at this whole process. No one has said "I told you so.". Love has surrounded us.

A few days ago I got an email from my friend, Roxanne, saying that they had a brand new crib and crib mattress they would love to bless us with. They ended up adopting an older child and had no use for the crib. What a blessing to our family! She had no idea we were in need of these items, but God knew. I know this family has been praying for our children as we prayed for their adorable son Eric before he came home.

In the past I have been much more comfortable being the one blessing someone. It is hard for me to receive. However, I now understand that I was withholding the joy from our friends and family by not letting them bless us. God has answered our prayers by sending his followers to do his work in our lives. How dare I try and block that work!

So, I am learning to be a better receiver. Feeling so blessed and awe struck as I look at our journey and see how Jesus has truly been with us for this entire trip. I read my journal and prayer requests over this past 18 months and marvel at how prayers were answered that I didn't even realize.

I'm not really sure where I wanted this post to go. Just that I wanted to remind us all how easy it is to really bless someone. It doesn't take a lot of money or time. A warm word of encouragement and a smile goes so far.

My children's faces light up when I happen by them with a encouraging word for no reason but just because I love them. When my children come up and give me a big hug, just because, I am also blessed. It can change a bad day into a good day in a moment.

Have you blessed someone with a warm smile today? If not, go now. You won't be sorry you did.

Labels: ,


  posted at 3:35 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 5:08 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

I love this post. What a blessing you have been given: to be able to be blessed and learn a lesson like this all at the same time. So happy to see the plans coming together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: