Friday, October 02, 2009
It's Just Peachy
A few days ago I gave Paige a picture of her new Ethiopian brother and sister to have for her very own. She was very excited, and yet, she kept looking at the pictures a little skeptically.

I asked her what was wrong.

She very seriously stated to me that she did not think that this could be her baby sister.

Why, I asked?

Well, my sister is suppose to be brown and this sister is peach colored.

I almost fell off my chair laughing.

You see, our children are not real dark. I hadn't really thought about this fact but obviously Paige was concerned.

I explained to her that people in Ethiopia have all different shades of skin. Some of the people have darker skin and some lighter. Her sister just happened to be lighter.

She still wasn't so sure, but then I told her I was sure that this was the sister God was sending her.

She seemed fine after that.

Yesterday during the P.E. class she goes to on Thursday mornings I heard her talking to one of the little boys in the class.

"Do you remember I told you about my new brown skinned sister that is going to come and live with me?"

"Oh, yeah", said the boy.

"Well", said Paige "She isn't brown anymore, now she is peach."

"Cool" said the little boy, seeming to understand exactly what she was saying.

And off they ran to play on the swings.

Labels: ,


  posted at 4:54 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 5:47 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

AGAIN with the comments about your beautiful babies. Are you TRYING to kill me?! Aaaaaargh. I need to see baby cheeks. And gangly little brother arms and legs. Come ON, you are seriously torturing us.

I know, I know. All that gobbedly-gook about approvals and finalizations and legal mumbo jumbo. I know. I got it. But still.

Seriously.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Gretchen Magruder said...

so sweet!!

We had a few different pictures of our daughter and her shade of brown looked different in all of them...you may just be surprised!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sherry said...

HA HA HA LOL :) So cute!!! I love the innocence kids have at that age. Although you will be amazed at the adults that will question you on HOW they can be from Ethiopia if they are so light.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger LISA said...

I LOVE the way kids interpret things!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Well I'm glad we got that settled! :)

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Annie said...

So so cute and definitely worth recording in this "memory book"...

I agree with Gretchen...my 3 referral photos of Maya..the lighting is very different in each photo which definitely affected the appearance of her skin tone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: