Monday, February 02, 2009
Peeking Through The Hole
A few days ago I got out of the shower and Paige ran up to me and told me to stop. She leaned her sweet little head against my tummy and seemed to be concentrating on something.

I asked her what she was doing?

"Shhh", she said "I'm trying to look through your belly button and see my new sister in your tummy."

Poor child. Clearly I am going to have to explain the concept of adoption to her once again.

She is very excited and can't wait to be a big sister.

I looked online today for a big map of the world to hang on the wall so we could draw a line from our country to Ethiopia. I'm thinking the visual may help her understand a little better.

I heard her tell one of her friends at school the other day that she was going to get a pretty brown sister soon. And if she is lucky she might get a brown brother too. Her little friend shook her head in agreement at how wonderful that will be. Made me smile.

Our agency had one more referral at the end of last week so we are #57 overall.

We are all getting very excited!!!

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:21 PM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 9:52 PM, Blogger junglemama said...

That has got to be one of the cutest sotries I've heard in a long time!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing....
Being "in the middle" of the number count down is building excitement all right!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Luanne said...

How cute and exciting!! I am so happy for you :)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Aw, she's going to LOVE having a little sister. I hope you get her home SOON.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

ahhh that is too cute of a story!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger McAngie said...

Julie that is so sweet! I just hope my kids are as excited about our own homegrown baby as yours are about one many many miles away. You have raised a very sweet daughter!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh dear, it is a tough concept to understand for the little ones. Very cute though!

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! What an exciting time for you and your family.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

OK, now that is just too cute! Isn't this why we blog? To remember all the cuteness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: