Monday, February 09, 2009
Home Again
I had a really fun time at the conference on Friday and Saturday and came home refreshed and ready to be the best mom and wife and follower of Christ I can be.

I am a little tired and was so happy to realize that the high schooler's had Monday off. That meant I could sleep in.

About an hour ago I decided to check Tyler's schedule (at his new school) and was startled to discover he DID NOT have Monday off like everyone else.

What made this revelation even worse was that it was 11:30 at night and he hadn't even showered yet. We have to leave by 7:00 a.m. for him to make it to school on time. He finally got into bed around midnight and I told him to enjoy his six and a half hours of sleep before the alarm went off.

Needless to say he was less than happy about this turn of events. He also assumed he had the day off.

It's been raining here for a couple of days which means baseball practice is cancelled for tomorrow night. The fields are all wet and soggy. Hubby was suppose to have his meeting with the parents tomorrow night (the one wear he explains how he expects them to behave) and that has been moved to my house.

I guess I better go jump in bed. I have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow (or I guess later today as it is already after midnight, ugh) before I let forty people into my house tomorrow night. Do you think I have to prepare snacks too?

Here is an article I found really disturbing. If you get a chance, read it and let me know what you think.

Good night peeps.

  posted at 12:09 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 5:33 AM, Blogger jolincountry said...

Oh man. What a disappointment about his school.

That link is just maddening. ugh.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I can imagine it was a rude awakening!

Glad you had a good time at the conference. I hope you were encouraged!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! really disappointing..tsk3..just continue to smile still!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad you had a great time at your conference.

That article...Ugh! We really need to be praying.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Raquel said...

that article UGH but io cant say i m very surprised. i think we def. need to be praying for our country rigt now becasue man it will probably get crazy!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

That is scary, but very expected. I was not surprised when I heard about it. I was surprised that it happened so fast, though.
How long do you think Obama will pretend to be a Christian?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: