Saturday, November 15, 2008
My Gas Tank, Home Schooling & The Fires
First off, thanks to all of you who left comments about the gas pumping. My family and I had fun reading them and my boys learned about different ways to be a servant to their spouse. I must say that I was surprised to see how many of you have husbands that take care of getting your gas for you. I think it is great. My son told me he would get my gas for me if I wanted him to. Ahhh. Melt my heart.

Secondly, I have been so blessed this week with wonderful new friends. Our home school group went to a candy factory on Thursday night to watch them make home made candy canes. The owners were Christian and they shared their testimony with the kids. I also met some more home school mom's that I just loved, I was so excited. Last night six of us met at the Borders Book Store for coffee and fellowship. I spent two hours with these very experienced homeschooling moms having my tank filled up and getting all kinds of words of wisdom. The really fun part was that they all have different philosophies and styles and yet I did not detect any judging on each others parts. Just encouragement. IT. WAS. FABULOUS.

God has been so good to me throughout this journey. I was really scared and unsure at first, but he keeps sending me people to encourage me and walk along side our family. He has made my heart happy and secure. I am so very very thankful.

Lastly, you may have already heard, but our State is on fire again. We have several family members who's home's could be in danger from these fires. Please pray for the safety of the men and women battling these fierce blazes and the wind (oh my, the wind, you just wouldn't believe it), and pray that they are able to get the fires under control as soon as possible. Hundreds of people have already lost their homes, it is so very very sad.

Have a great Saturday my friends. Our family is headed up to my sisters cabin in the mountains for a day of fun. Anyone else have a family fun day planned?

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:47 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11:31 AM, Blogger missy said...

Julie~

Every time I see those fires out your way I think of you! Keep us posted.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad you are getting connected with other homeschool moms. We have a group that gets together once a month for encouragement and idea swapping. It is so wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: