Monday, November 03, 2008
Halloween, A Birthday, and The Election Tomorrow
I have all these really cute Halloween pictures that I wanted to post but oldest son broke the charger to my laptop so I can't download them. I am not speaking to him.

After the excitement of Halloween on Friday we had Zach's birthday celebration on Saturday night. Here is a tip for all you moms; if you tell your child he can invite a few friends over for a party be sure and give him an actual number. We ended up with 13 high school juniors sleeping on our floor Saturday night, and let me tell you, those boys can eat!

We didn't get to "sleep" until 3:30 a.m. and then Paige woke up at 6:30. All of the boys were up by 8:00 and thankfully their parents came by 9:30 to pick them up. We made it to church for the 11:00 a.m. service and then came home and fell back to sleep for the rest of the afternoon. The boys had a blast, Dave and I have decided we are really to old to do all nighters any more. I was seriously pooped out.

Today was spent having a challenging school day with my ten year old and trying not to feel anxious about the election tomorrow. I am trying to remind myself that God is still in control no matter what happens.

We have two very important propositions on the ballot for our state tomorrow. The first is Prop. 8 which would again make gay marriage in our state illegal. I went out with Zach tonight to pick up some food and the Yes on Prop 8 people were yelling and screaming on one side of the street and the No on Prop. 8 were on the other side yelling and screaming. The police were in between them trying to keep order. It made me sad that we are all so divided on this issue. There is no one that seems to be neutral, including myself, which makes for a very volatile situation.

The other proposition involves parental notification before a minor can have an abortion. My mind cannot fathom how my child cannot take a Tylenol to school without being threatened with expulsion but a teacher could take my underage daughter to a clinic during school and bring her back without her parents knowing anything had gone on. Does this make sense to you?

I have been praying very hard for both of these laws to pass tomorrow, and if we don't win, I know I will have a 24 hour period of feeling very very sad. I almost don't want tomorrow to come.

Pray for our country my friends, I am so afraid we are going to head down the wrong path tomorrow.

p.s. I'm only kidding, I'm talking to Zach, though I am very annoyed. This is the second time this has happened. Grrrrr.

p.s.s. After I posted this I clicked over here. True words of wisdom were spoken and I felt much better. God truly is in control.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:19 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:07 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I have to say that I am surprised that those kids' parents got them by 9:30 am!

I am not ready for sleepover parties!

I wrote a post asking folks to tell me how their voting process went this year. If you want to come over and comment after you have voted today. I have heard of the Prop8, but not the other one in CA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: