Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A Day In The Life
Today our little home school was very busy.

Both of the kids did two chapters in there math books. I highly recommend this program for math. My kids both really like it.

We then did Home Economics when mom decided something needed to be done with the banana's rotting on the counter. An hour later the three youngest kids had made there first ever batch of banana bread and were quite proud of themselves.

We then ran out the door to piano lessons. Garrett just started learning piano two weeks ago and he has already completed six lessons. This is Samantha's sixth year of lessons and she is also really growing in her talent. It is so wonderful not to be so busy racing around that they actually have time to practice without me having to nag at them all the time.

While the kids were at piano for an hour I took Paige with me to the grocery store where we bought 30 pounds of ground beef because it was on sale for $1.29 a pound. After piano the kids helped me separate the meat and freeze it into one pound packages.

Then off to the library we went because the kids had already read all the books we checked out last week. Samantha read 5 books this week. I keep finding her under her covers in the morning pretending to be asleep. She is actually reading and hoping I will leave her alone for just a little bit longer.

Tonight Garrett had football practice from 6-8 and I actually had to take a blanket because the weather was so cool. I am so excited to have some cooler weather.

On a totally different topic; Paige went to the bathroom today for the first time in a public place. She has had this fear of public restrooms ever since one of them automatically flushed while she was sitting on it. You know what I'm talking about. Those really loud ones that go off right as you get up from the toilet. Anyway, she really had to go when we were at the library, so I took her in there and she very sweetly had a conversation with herself about how she was a big girl now and could do this. She scooted her little tushy onto the seat and held on tight. She was successful and was so excited to have conquered her fear. She ran out of the bathroom right to the librarian and told her what a wonderful bathroom they had. My five year old is very obviously easily impressed.

I am very happy that little battle seems to have been won for now. Now if she will just sleep in her own bed.

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:38 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Kimmie said...

30 lbs! Wow, that is a lot of hamburger.

Glad you are all doing well...last night was our first nippy night here in CT...needed an extra blanket.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger missy said...

Who invented those evil automatic flushers anyway?? I appreciate the idea, but they either flush when you DON'T want them to, or they don't flush when you DO want them to!!

Just sayin.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

$1.29 a pound?!! That's awesome!

That is so good that she overcame her fear all by herself!! Yay!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

YAY for Paige! I know how those hangups can be a big issue...for me it is the opposite...my son insists he has to checkout EVERY bathroom in public no matter how many times we have been. He will yell loudly in the store "I have to go poootttyyy" if I say no prompting stares from disapproving parents. If only they knew. lol

Glad you are loving homeschooling I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: