Saturday, February 09, 2008
The Ball

The Valentasia Ball was last night at Samantha's school. This is always a big deal. Samantha and her Dad have been going to a Dance like this each year since she was in the 3rd grade.

Now that she is in Middle School I let her wear high heels to the event. She was so excited she has been wearing them non stop to "break them in" before the big night. She had such fun trying them all on in the store. I just had to laugh and smile as I watched her. I'm sure neither of us will every forget this first trip to the shoe store for some pretty black pumps.

As I was touching up her hair for the last time before they left a very weak cry came out of Tyler's (14) mouth. He was just outside the front door and their was blood gushing from his right leg.

They danced at the ball. I fox trotted to urgent care.

More on that story tomorrow.


Labels:


  posted at 10:26 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so sweet! i've seen a few of those "father/daughter" things and i pray my girls will get the opportunity to do something like that with their daddy too!
your daughter is gorgeous too! I love her hair!!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I remember going to a father daughter dance. I think it was square dancing. "Blood gushing" is not a good phrase!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger LISA said...

Samantha looks stunning! Wait till she HAS to wear heels....then she won't want to.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jody said...

Aww. She looks so beautiful! I love that long hair.

Yikes on the owie. Let us know what happened!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger missy said...

That was such a great picture...you will treasure it forever! As for the blood gushing, I hope all is well now! Yikes.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Lori said...

She looks beautiful. How sweet!

Wow, what happened! Hope everything is okay!

Also, stop by my place when you have a chance. I have something for you!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

I'm sure they made some wonderful memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: