I had been busy curling Samantha's hair for her big night out with her Dad.
Everything stopped for that minute while I was trying not to panic and at the same time try to figure out where all that blood was coming from.
Earlier in the evening the dog had knocked a glass off the coffee table and it broke. In my rush to get Samantha ready, and out the door, I picked up the glass and threw it into the trash without wrapping anything around it.
My middle son was now paying the price for this mistake.
While he was doing his nightly chore of taking out the trash the bag knocked against his leg. The sharp glass went right through the plastic bag and into his leg.
I am so thankful that the glass cut him in the front part of his right calf and not into a main artery somewhere. This definitely could have been a lot worse.
After we got the bleeding to stop and I could actually get a good look at the cut I quickly realized this injury was beyond my butterfly bandage and super glue technology as a Mom.
Zach changed his plans for the evening and stayed home with the younger kids while I ran Tyler over to urgent care.
Four hours and nine stitches later he was all better.
He hobbled out the door with a doctors note that stated no PE for two weeks. I'm sure that alone made the whole experience almost worth it.
Well, except for those big needles they used......
and the fact that one of them broke off in his skin when they were stitching him up.
Yep, my poor needle phobic teen had quite a time of it.
Now, here are some before and after photos. If you are squeemish at all I would skip this part. He wanted to show his friends so I said I would post them.
Here you go.....
You wont believe this but our weekend got even more exciting the next day when I found myself in a building with my kids when a fire broke out.
Yes, I will be staying home for a while now.
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I promise.