Monday, February 11, 2008
The Drama
Tyler (14) stood at the door, white as a ghost, and blood gushing from his leg.

I had been busy curling Samantha's hair for her big night out with her Dad.

Everything stopped for that minute while I was trying not to panic and at the same time try to figure out where all that blood was coming from.

Earlier in the evening the dog had knocked a glass off the coffee table and it broke. In my rush to get Samantha ready, and out the door, I picked up the glass and threw it into the trash without wrapping anything around it.

My middle son was now paying the price for this mistake.

While he was doing his nightly chore of taking out the trash the bag knocked against his leg. The sharp glass went right through the plastic bag and into his leg.

I am so thankful that the glass cut him in the front part of his right calf and not into a main artery somewhere. This definitely could have been a lot worse.

After we got the bleeding to stop and I could actually get a good look at the cut I quickly realized this injury was beyond my butterfly bandage and super glue technology as a Mom.

Zach changed his plans for the evening and stayed home with the younger kids while I ran Tyler over to urgent care.

Four hours and nine stitches later he was all better.

He hobbled out the door with a doctors note that stated no PE for two weeks. I'm sure that alone made the whole experience almost worth it.

Well, except for those big needles they used......

and the fact that one of them broke off in his skin when they were stitching him up.

Yep, my poor needle phobic teen had quite a time of it.

Now, here are some before and after photos. If you are squeemish at all I would skip this part. He wanted to show his friends so I said I would post them.

Here you go.....



You wont believe this but our weekend got even more exciting the next day when I found myself in a building with my kids when a fire broke out.

Yes, I will be staying home for a while now.

I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. I promise.

Labels:


  posted at 11:41 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Good grief,girl!!!

Um, these things don't happen in threes do they?

Yeah, stay home.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh my goodness! Those are some big stitches.

I know at that age I would have loved getting out of gym class too...

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Wow!!! What a traumatic event! Atleast it turned out okay. Hopefully he won't hang it over your head, and not want to take the trash out again! :)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oh, my goodness! OUCH!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger LISA said...

Wow Julie! Hope Tyler isn't missing PE too much!! Squeemish, too late!!!AGHHHH!!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Cakes said...

The exact same thing happened to me when I was pregnant two summers ago. Poor little feller.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a little too much excitement! I am so sorry Tyler was hurt, but I bet he will enjoy showing off that battle scar!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

::FAINT!:: Those deep gashes can really make one light-headed (the person who suffers it AND the person looking at it, LOL.)

Sorry I couldn't post after Super Tuesday (Oh, you don't KNOW how sorry I am!!), but I was out of state with no internet and NO CABLE!! Pure torture. I greatly look forward to curling up and watching FOX all night as the Potomac returns come in . . . go Huckabee!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh my Julie, that just makes me cringe! Hopefully he heals fast. Poor kid.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ouch. It's always a bummer when butterflies or super glue mom tricks won't work. Hope he's healing quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: