Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Busy, Busy, Busy
Life has been to busy lately. Three of the kids had big projects due at school, baseball started, and life is just driving in the fast lane.

I woke up yesterday with a cold. Could my body be telling me to slow down? Maybe.

Saturday morning we woke up to ten teen age boys asleep on our living room floor. I'm glad we have the "hang out" house but at times I could really do without the mess.

Two dozen eggs, two pounds of bacon, and two dozen donuts later they all went home.

I then decided to cook a bunch of food for Sunday so we could lay around and watch the super bowl after church. I made homemade mac and cheese, baked beans, deviled eggs, dips and other yummy stuff. Then I called subway and ordered a sandwich platter.

Besides these items we had suchi, lots of chocolate and a yummy cake the younger kids made.

I am sure I gained at least 5 pounds.

It was pure heaven.

So, yesterday when I rolled out of bed with a nasty cold I figured either my body was tired or just rebelling from all the junk I put into it the day before.

Today I feel better but the nose is running and the energy just isn't there. However, my house is a mess and there is no time to lay around. So, I took a double dose of vitamin C and am hoping I can get the house back in order before I feel the urge to crawl into bed.

What I really want to do is lay on the couch with the computer and go and visit all of you. I've missed my bloggy buddies.

I guess that will have to wait for tonight.

What about you? Did you over eat on Super Bowl Sunday? Please confess so I wont be the only one feeling like a total piggy today.

Labels:


  posted at 9:39 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

we actually did nothing for SB Sunday! Don't worry, though - I overeat every day of the week. Don't need a special occasion for that!

I hope you are feeling better soon, mama.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

The Super Bowl party we went to had enough food to feed 4 times the number of people there. We took leftovers home and ate that for dinner last night.

We will eat healthier tonight.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Aww-Julie! Hope you're feeling better!!!I keep trying to fight it!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I wish I would have been at your party. We only had a pan of day old bars at our house!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Searching for my Sanity or Jen...whichever you prefer... said...

Julie! I hope you feel better! Poor girl...if it is any consolation I am still trying to get rid of this cold I have had since THANKSGIVING! grrrr. Oh the joys of owning a home daycare...the offending family is now no longer attending so I am hoping by the end of this week we will be back to normal lol.
also so you know your not alone I did eat more then usual on Super Bowl Sunday but not because we were watching the superbowl but because hubs birthday was that day and we went to the cheesecake factory...I think just saying that name gained me 4 more pounds lol. Take care of yourself!
Jenna

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I didn't. But MAN I wish I had been at your house!!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Actually...YES! We did the same thing. I made up dips, desserts, and other stuff that over-filled us.

I need to go on a diet!

Hope you get feeling better real soon. Tis the season for all kinds of "bugs"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: