Thursday, January 03, 2008
Moving At A Snails Pace
I think the majority of my family has been in their pajama's for the better part of two weeks.

Hubby and I had great plans for all the things we were going to get done around the house while he was off for the two weeks after Christmas. How many of those things have we actually gotten done or even started?

That would be none. Nil. Nada.

We did put the Christmas decorations away. It's only taken us three days of very slow movement.

Today I had to venture out and buy food. I went to three stores to stock up. The kids were so excited to actually see food in the cupboards again.

The thought of having to step it up into high gear again starting next Monday depresses me to no end.

I really don't understand why we can't spend our lives laying around in pajama's, watching movies, and playing games.

I think this might just have been the best Christmas ever. Less presents. More Jesus. Lots of down time and just being together.

For once I can't wait until next year. I'm not exhausted and tired of the mess.

When I was putting the decorations away I was actually thinking I can't wait until next year.

This has NEVER happened before.

It's taken us sixteen years but we have finally figured out how to have a great Christmas with our kids. We are slow learners.

Better late than never.

Next up. Pictures of our Dance Dance Revolution Marathon. I am really really bad at it.

Labels:


  posted at 5:06 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!

I too am feeling a little tired and slow. All the fun and partying ended way to soon for me. It goes by in a flash, but we are looking forward to a brand new year and all the blessings it brings.

Wishing you and your family, Julie, a fantastic and safe new year with lots of blessings!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger missy said...

I am so happy that your Christmas was a great one!

Dance revolution in jammies I hope! Is there another way??

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Well atleast you are doing better than me. I got sick a few days after Christmas and have been not very functional. We usually try to take down everythin on New Years Day, but everything is still up. Hopefully I will get it put away before next week. I also need to go to the grocery store...my fridge is down to condiments!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well, our decorations are not put away. I would like them to be, but we just haven't done it yet (although we have taken down the tree and a few decorations).

I'm really glad to hear that you had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to next year.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger LISA said...

After Christmas jammie time. We all need it!!
I want Dance Revolution! I'm not coordinated, but it would be fun!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas. I am a big fan of pjs and wearing them for extended periods of time! :)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

We have been feeling the exact same way! We're suppose to be getting our house ready to sell but, instead, we layed around all day, watching the kids play and watching play-off games....in my pajamas let me note!:)

I hope you have a great week!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

That's awesome! Believe it or not, we haven't even taken down the tree yet in our family room -- gulp.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! I hope that getting back into the routine of things hasn't been too much of a downer.

And! There is not much better than a DDR marathon in pajamas!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Sister, I'm all about the pj party. C'mon over any time. Flannel rocks!!!
Blessings,
~Toni~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: