Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Our New Little Girl
I realize it has been a while since I last posted anything about our upcoming adoption. The main reason being, their isn't much to tell. This part of the process is quite boring and tedious.

Almost all of the documents for our dossier are completed. We are just waiting for our doctor to write letters stating we are healthy and then we will be done with that part.

Our home study agency isn't moving as fast as I would like. We actually decided on this agency because we were told they had the best record and were really quick. Unfortunately, this has not been our experience.

We need our home study to be completed so we can mail it to CIS (Citizenship and Immigration Services) and then hopefully get our I-171H form quickly (this is the form that allows us to adopt an International orphan and bring her home with us).

Once the home study is done we have to send it along with all of the other documents to the Secretary of State for State Authentication. Basically this is the state saying the notarized documents we have were notarized by a licensed notary. I am thinking of flying up to our state capital for the day and doing this by hand. It would be quicker than waiting for the mail. I am still pondering this decision.

Daily I find myself daydreaming about our new little girl. Is she born yet? Are her parents still alive? Is their a mother praying someone will come and love her child because she is unable too. Will I be the answer to this mothers prayers?

So many questions, and so few answers. God and I have been talking about this a lot lately. In the car, while I fold laundry, and at night when I can't sleep.

My heart aches a little more each time I think about this gift of another child we are about to be blessed with, because with that knowledge I also know their is a family mourning the loss of a loved one or their inability to care for a child they deeply love.

I know God has a plan. I can feel him so close to me right now, probably closer than at any other time in my life.

When I get frustrated at the slow pace I have to remind myself that I am going on God's timing not mine. Perhaps the home study is taking longer than expected because it needs to. In my heart I know that God has our child picked out just for us. The child that is meant to become our sixth blessing. The child I will love with all my heart and soul.

I remind myself of these things daily. However, the take charge get things done side of me likes to rear its ugly head and talk me into the fact that my timing really is better. I know it is not.

So, at night when I pray in the darkness for my new sweet daughter, I remind myself that their is a mother, father, or grandparent somewhere in Ethiopia praying for this same child. Perhaps praying that another would be able to care for their little girl because they are unable to.

I feel so blessed, privileged, and overcome with emotions at the thought that God could use our family as a vessel to answer this families prayers.

We are coming for you little one. Mommy can't wait to hold you in her arms.

Labels:


  posted at 8:56 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Rochelle said...

This was such a sweet post. Keilani, now 8, talks about her adoption more and more. It is such a natural conversation around the house, and I love that she knows the special way God put her in our lives. Your little one will too.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger missy said...

Wow, it sounds incredibly difficult to go through this procedure! I suppose there is a reason for the madness, but still...

You are so awesome to submit yourself to such a tedious process to welcome a little one into your family!!! Praying for things to go smoothly.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Julie, it seemed to be going slow for us too. Then I just gave it to God-You know who got their I171H! Our HS took a long time too because of different obstacles..
Luckily our state capital is only a 3 hour drive!!Since tomorrow i my birthday,we decided to go then so we can celebrate!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Melissa Stover said...

that is so sweet. i've had some friends who have adopted and i know how hard the waiting process is.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lori said...

It must be hard. Sometimes I also have a hard time just w.a.i.t.i.n.g. One day soon you WILL be holding your child. What an honor and blessing!!

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! I can't wait to read about the child God has picked out for you!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

So beautiful. I can't imagine how exhausting this must be. Many prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: