Friday, November 02, 2007
Friday Fun
This afternoon Dave and I took the two youngest kids, who were off school, to see Bee Movie. They really liked it, Dave and I thought it was OK. If your kids aren't dying to go you could probably wait until it comes out on DVD and have a family movie night. Not to mention how much cheaper this option would be. Geesh, I can't believe how much it costs to go and see a movie.

Tonight Dave and I snuck out for some alone time. We went to dinner and then he, oh so sweetly, agreed to go to Michael's with me. I wanted to look at artificial Christmas Trees.

I love the smell of a fresh tree at Christmas time but I hate the cost. How many of you have fake trees? Are you happy with them? Can you recommend a particular type?

There are so many choices I felt like my head was going to spin off. Not to mention the prices. The one I really liked was $350.00. Does this sound high to you????

Well, after our fun night out I snuggled up into my favorite pj's and quickly fell asleep. An hour later hubby woke me saying Garrett had come downstairs crying and saying his head hurt.

I got up, gave him some medicine, and hoped he would be able to go back to sleep. Within a few moments the barfing began. He now feels better and is sleeping on the couch beside me. We think it was food poisoning. He was the only one who ate the sausage pizza.

True to form the first question out of his mouth was "I can still play in my game in the morning, right?"

His daddy was so proud. I could tell by the look on his face he was thinking "That's my boy".

For Pete's sake people their is more to life than baseball. Did I just say that?

Hopefully the family doesn't kick me out of the tribe for thinking such a thing.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:36 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 5:31 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I think that if you want a tree that will look nice for more than 3 years, you have to get an expensive one. We had a cheap one and it started looking tacky after a couple years. We now are getting real trees.

My parents have an expensive one that they got on sale after Christmas one year and it still looks pretty good after 4 years. However, I think that it still will need to be replaced in a few years, so the cost is pretty high.

Good luck! I actually went to Michael's today too. Did you see that white tree with those huge lights that change color?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: