Tuesday, October 23, 2007
The Fires, Part 4
Hi All, its still smokey here but we are hanging in there.

I took a picture of the mountains behind us from my upstairs bedroom to give you some perspective on where the fire is coming from.



If you were to climb over those mountains to the other side that is where the big fire is right now, and also where my niece lives.

She called me earlier to say the winds had shifted and the fire was headed back up our way.

As you can see from the picture it was fairly clear this morning when I took it. Yesterday we could barely see those mountains it was so smokey.

My niece was right, the winds did shift, because right about the time I went to get the kids from school you could see big billows of white smoke coming from behind the mountain again. The smell has gotten worse also.

It is dark here now and the kids are watching the mountain for signs of flames.

I don't believe our home would be in any danger because we are about 4 blocks from where the Forest starts. However, we have good friends who live at the top and we are concerned for them.

We are all praying they can stop it before it crests the top.

No word still from my other sister. I am sure they are busy helping someone evacuate and just haven't been able to reach us. However, I know my mom will feel a lot better when we hear their voices.

Thanks so much for all your prayers and kind words. I will try and post some more pictures later if we see any action on the mountain.

Labels:


  posted at 7:32 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I just can't imagine! I hope you hear from your sister soon, I do know how hard that is.

Twister sure looked fun! I think it would be crazy hard with the size of our kids now, they are getting TALL.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I just read something about that CA doesn't have enough fire trucks in the state. I know I saw on the news that folks from my area are coming to help.

Keep us updated on those mountains.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Stay safe, my aunt and uncle are evacuated.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: