Monday, November 05, 2007
Why Does The Day Of Rest Seem To Turn Into The Monday Mess?
The alarm rings and I jump out of bed to shower and dress for my morning working in the toddler room at church. I quickly bathe Paige, get her dressed, and do her hair. I hand her off to her Dad who is pouring his first cup of coffee and preparing the fixings for bacon and pancakes for all the kids.

Samantha runs down the stairs and jumps into the car with me. We are already 15 minutes late. Not good.

We spend 90 minutes in the toddler room trying to keep 45 2 and 3 year olds happy. I am put in charge of our guest speakers daughter. She was small and petite and oh so very cute. However, she hated me. She looked at me like I had two heads. She whimpered and stiffened and cried. I finally handed her over to a friend who is Hawaiian. She liked her much better.

I later found out this sweet little thing came from an orphanage in India, spoke no English, and had probably never seen a blonde haired white woman. She wasn't very impressed. She liked my olive completed friend much better. We all thought this was kind of sweet.

After our morning working in the toddler area Samantha and I met the rest of the family in Church for the morning Worship Service.

After church we decide to grab a quick lunch and then go to Target to let the kids fill up their shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse. The shoe boxes of gifts will go to needy children all over the world.

We run into Wendy's for our quick lunch. Now, the story I am about to tell you is true. I am not exaggerating in the least. It was a scene out of a bad movie. Here goes.

We take our trays of food and sit down. We hear loud talking. I notice my children (and many others in the restaurant) staring at this couple who seem to be arguing at a table over by the window. About three feet away from us. Well, I really shouldn't say a couple arguing. It was only the wife. Ripping into her husband. He just sat there and took it. For 20 minutes at least.

Here is a sample of her tirade:

Why do you disrespect my church? Why do you dress like that? (He had on shorts and a polo shirt). You wear nice clothes to work, not jeans. Why do you hang out with those friends? That is all you care about? Them in their fancy cars they can't afford. You tell me you will change but you never do. You just sit on the couch watching TV. If we go out for 5 minutes you want to go home. You never want to do anything. CALL YOUR MOM, GO AHEAD, TELL HER YOU ARE GOING TO LIVE WITH HER. I AM TIRED OF YOU. I am not Cambodian!!! (What this had to do with anything no one knows).

Now, this went on and on. The husband just stared out the window AND NEVER SAID A WORD. I really wanted to say something to her but my family prohibited me from asking her to BE QUIET!!! You could hear this conversation from every table in the restaurant. EVERYONE WAS LISTENING (you would have to plug your ears not to listen) this woman did not care what a fool she was making of herself.

All you blogging moms will be so proud of my oldest son Zach. I see him looking for my purse. What are you doing? Mom, I need your cell phone, we have to get this on tape for your blog. Oh, how it warmed my heart. Isn't he being taught well? Unfortunately, by the time he ran to the car and got my phone her little tirade was over. She did say they were going shopping so we secretly hoped they were going to Target so we could catch her in action their.

Now, this next thing that happened sent me to my knees in disbelief. This woman storms out of the restaurant, her husband dutifully following her, then he goes to her side of the door and gently helps her into their car. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT. RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. I could not believe this guy just sat their in a public place and let his wife rant at him for half an hour without uttering a word or walking out. Neither could any of the men who had been listening to this embarrassing scene.

After our little lunch show we run to Target (where to the kids sadness we never saw the psycho woman from Wendy's) where they spent an hour picking out special items for their child.

We get home and Samantha and I put all the boxes of gifts together and I start dinner. The kitchen is still a mess from the morning meal and I just ignore it. I am to tired to care.

I go out to the living room where the kids are cutting out pictures from magazines for a school project and their is graph paper and books all over from those who are working on Geometry homework.

All of those items are still laying around. On Monday morning. Because no one picks up on Sunday's. What is up with that?

I never plan anything on Monday's because I know it will take me all morning just to clean up from Sunday.

So, you ask, why are you on the computer instead of scrubbing your kitchen?

Because, I had to tell you about the lady in the Wendy's. I knew you would want me to tell you right away.

Now, I can go scrub away without the guilt that I am holding back on my buddies who are cruising the world wide web while I, Cinderella, clean up after my very messy family.

Enjoy your day!

p.s. I did say a prayer last night for the crazy couple. I hope they can both get the help they need to save their marriage. Though it was entertaining, I realize it was actually a very sad scene of a family in crisis. Perhaps you could say a little prayer for them too. Thanks, Julie.

  posted at 9:09 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Maybe she has a mental illness and he just accepts that and doesn't allow it to bother him. Or maybe he is a Christian and is loving her with Christ's love? Turn the other cheek.
When you have someone who is mentally ill or physically or mentally disabled, you learn to live with those things and to not notice other people staring, I think.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger missy said...

I just wanted to comment about Monday cleaning. I thought I was the only one dealing with the cleaning hangover from the weekend!! Oh, Mondays, how I dread thee. NO ONE cleans up on Sundays, including me, so I guess I only have myself to blame!!

On the couple in Wendy's, well, I think the saddest thing is that if she does that in PUBLIC, I hate to think how bad it is is private. Sad.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Lori said...

The laundry is especially bad on Mondays!

Can't believe that woman. Thing is, if she thought she was making a fool of him, the reverse is true. What she did is horrible and they obviously need many prayers. What is wrong with him? I can't imagine a husband putting up with that!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

my house looks like a bomb went off on sundays...i am so glad i'm not the only one..:))

i agree with qt - maybe that girl is just plain crazy and married to the most precious man in the world...:)

Lisa

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

My heart goes out to this man, and this woman. You just wonder what goes on behind closed doors. So sad.
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I like baseball, too. Sounds like our households are alot alike with 2 different sports :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: