Thursday, November 01, 2007
Pumpkin Carving, Parties, & Trick or Treating
Tuesday night our junior high kids had a Halloween party with their church youth group. They had a great time. Here is Samantha trying to win the donut eating contest. Donuts were hung from the patio cover and the kids had to eat the whole thing without it falling on the ground. She did a great job. Unfortunately, when she was down to her last bite the donut fell to the ground. Drats!



















Wednesday morning Garrett got busy carving his pumpkin. He was really concentrating on what he was doing and did a great job. He is off track this month and I am really enjoying having him home with me.

























Here are Paige, Samantha, Garrett and their friend Hannah. I couldn't get Paige to look at me because she was afraid of Garrett. He was Bill Clinton with an Afro. Don't ask, the kids got an interesting sense of humor. Samantha made her Bumble Bee costume (she was the queen bee) and Paige was her little worker bee.






















I had a hard time getting Paige to stand still for a picture. She was more interested in twirling around in her costume.



















Here are some pics of trick or treating. Garrett couldn't see out of his mask and had to keep leaning over to see out of the eyes. It was pretty funny.



















Here's Paige trick or treating at our friend Janine's house. She not only said thank you but also gave hugs. Such a sweet girl.



















The girls taking a little break. They spotted our oldest and some of his friends running down the street with toilet paper. Wonder what they were going to do with that????


















When Paige tuckered out I brought her home to pass out candy. Can you tell we live in California? She sat outside in her little summer pj's until almost nine o'clock and was so sad when it all ended.



















She even offered to share her candy with me. I of course gladly excepted her kindness.




and no, I did not sit around all day in my pj's and eat candy with the kids. Nope. I would never do that. Not in a million years.

How many pieces have you had????

Labels: ,


  posted at 3:10 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

We bought stuff we would like, as we always do, in case of leftovers. So, since we had not one single, solitary visitor? I'm having to dole out the Three Musketeers, Smaties and gum.

Just so it last past tonight.

Sigh.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bumblebee costume. It looks like your kids had a great time. I don't know what you are talking about, though. I never eat my kids' candy, ahem.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

I've eaten so much dang candy today I have a headache!! I'll stop soon. Really, I will.

Great pics!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger LISA said...

They all looked so cute. Clinton was a little on the scary side!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

I love the pictures!!! So cute!! Glad ya'll had a great night!!:)

Garrett did a great job on the pumpkin, too!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

It looks like you had a great night. It was pretty mild here too, but certainly not summer pj weather. :)

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, I remember playing that donut game when I was a kid (and is that a SCARY Bill Clinton mask? LOL.)

 
At 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids costumes are so very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: