Wednesday, November 14, 2007
I Smell Me Some BBQ
Thanks so much to all of you who left such warm and encouraging comments about my previous post. They made me cry (in a good way). Your prayers for Paige are so much appreciated, I know God has great things planned for her life. Thanks also to my friend Lori who called after reading my post offering to "take down" who ever it was that said we should not be adopting. She made me laugh. Thanks so much for your sweet words my friend. You'll never know how much they helped.

Anyho, after my little mini meltdown I thought I would post a little story I am sure will leave you smiling.

Do you remember a few days ago when I posted about my clean house? Well my friends, it didn't last long.

Sunday morning I got up early to finish up a few things before we left for church. We were having my mom's birthday party at our house that day and I wanted everything done before we left.

I ran to Sam's Club to buy a Brisket for dinner and then came home to stick it in the oven. I always lather my Brisket with BBQ sauce before sticking it in the oven to cook. I buy the giant bottle (1 1/2 gallon) Cattleman's brand that I really like at Sam's. When I was done I asked our 14 year old, Tyler, to take the bottle of BBQ sauce out to the garage and put it in the fridge out there.

He shortly comes back in and sheepishly informs me that he tripped and dropped the giant bottle of sauce. Sauce was now all over the garage. No problem, I tell him, it was an accident. I send him back out with paper towels and a bucket to try and quickly get it picked up. At this point it is time to leave for Church.

Unfortunately, Tyler fails to let us know that he has actually spilled the bottle right out side the garage door. Where people walk out to get into the car. Children start marching out to get into the car when I hear some yelling and unhappy voices. Some come running back in to tell me that their is BBQ sauce all over the floor right outside the door. Thankyouverymuch.

In the process of coming in to complain they brought with them Red Sticky sauce on the bottoms of their shoes which they proceeded to smear all over my beautifully polished wood floors. Of course they had to step on a few of my newly washed area rugs too, just for the effect I guess.

You would have been so proud of me. I held my breath until I nearly exploded but I did not yell. Now Hubby, well that is another story. He knew how hard I had worked to have everything looking "perfect" for the party.

I tell them all to wash off their shoes and get in the car. Dave takes them to Church and I am going to follow along in a few minutes. Just as soon as I get the sticky sauce off the floor.

During Church our oldest son asks if the Cafe, our church has one next to the sanctuary, is cooking up BBQ ribs for after Church. He keeps smelling BBQ. So does every one else.

It seems that in Tyler's rush to leave for church he forgot to check himself in the mirror. He left with the spilt BBQ sauce splattered on the front of his shirt and sauce going up all over his left arm. I am sure the people sitting around him were wondering what in the heck happened to this kid?

I feel so bad for all my fellow Christians who smelled the yummy BBQ sauce all through church only to discover that the cafe was serving grilled cheese sandwiches that day. I'm sure the workers had no idea why they were getting all those requests for ribs.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 2:48 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 4:45 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oh dear! My husband has a habit of shaking up bottles of condiments. Well, one time, he was shaking up the bottle of bbq sauce, but the lid was not on tight, and he didnt' put his finger over the lid and bbq sauce flew all over our kitchen. For a week we were finding new places that it went. :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I can't.even.imagine. what I would do or say. I so admire your patience!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Crissybug said...

Hahaha...Looking back it is something to laugh at, but I can imagine how hard it must have been not to totally lose it!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Virginia Revoir said...

My goodness, this is just so funny and sad at the same time! I just experienced this. I'm so burned out from cleaning right now that my house is dirty. I had the house finally clean and then I babysat some kids who are very, very messy and now my house went to pot. I just don't have the energy to fix it nor do I care right now. Sigh. My husband is frustrated that those kids could do so much damage in one day. At least he understands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: