Monday, November 12, 2007
88 Years
Yesterday we celebrated my Mom's 88Th Birthday. We had a great time watching football (grandma loves all sports) and playing Pinochle...and eating. The food, oh my, the food was fantastic.

Even though I made it I am still going to state that the food was fantastic.

The best part being I made almost everything one or two days ahead so I had very little food prep to do yesterday. Which allowed me to lay around and eat chips and salsa (and suchi and cucumber sandwiches and lots of other stuff my thighs are thanking me for this morning) with every one else.

It started on Friday when Garrett helped me peel 10 pounds of potato's. This was his first time using the potato peeler and after a few minutes he was a pro. He helped me make these potato's. Let me just tell you my friends, these were a huge hit, and it is doubtful I will ever make regular old mash potato's again.

See, he's a pro now. He has been elected official potato peeler for our family. Doesn't he look thrilled?



















I made my Brisket recipe and since I saw Uncle Brad licking the last of it out of the pan last night I am pretty sure it was a huge hit also.

We had ambrosia salad, zucchini casserole, Cole slaw, baked beans (the best beans ever) and Parmesan garlic rolls. We then all exploded. It was very messy.

In between all the eating the cousins had fun playing together.Something funny was going on with the computer and Grandma decided to check it out. Maybe they were reading my blog?
Crazy cousins on the trampoline with the bunny.















Aunt Stacey made her famous Spice Cake and believe it or not I was to full to have a piece last night. I know, I know, shocking.

My piece is all covered up and waiting for me this morning. I'll be inhaling that with my morning coffee. I guess I better hurry and get off the computer before one of the kids sees it and devours it in one bite.

Happy Birthday Mom. We love you so much and can't wait for your 89th!!!!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:49 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 1:05 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I always make fattening mashed potatoes. I don't see any use in making any other kind:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: