Tuesday, August 14, 2007
A Little Bit Of This And That, Oh And Some Yummy Food Too!
Today was a very busy day. I went to Wal Mart, the Grocery Store, the Post Office, and Sams's Club all by 1:00pm.

I was hoping to beat the heat which hit 107 degrees today. My feet were so swollen they actually were aching. My body does not like the heat.

To offset the heat I bought a beautiful fall centerpiece for my dining room table while I was out. I couldn't help myself.

Fall is my favorite time of year.

When I got home from all my morning errands I had to take Paige to her second day of pre-school. To be honest I was dreading it, worried she would refuse to go.

We have been talking a lot about school and when I told her this morning she would be going she didn't protest, instead she went and got her back pack.

She was a little tentative when we got their but did go with the teacher. When I picked her up she was very glad to see me but said "Yes" when I asked her if she had fun with Miss Naomi and her new friends.

Her teacher told me it was definitely a better day. She still refused to participate in the class activities but she did not cry nor did she hide under the desk the entire time.

Definitely a better day!

So, to celebrate I have decided to share with you my families Most Favorite Slow Cooker Dinner Recipe. It is actually just one of their favorite dinners right now and happens to be cooked in the slow cooker.

And here is is.....Barbecue Beef Brisket.

Oh my, and it is just sooo easy to prepare, but tastes like you have been slaving over a hot stove all day long.

All you have to do is take a Brisket and lather the top of it with a good quality Barbecue Sauce. Wrap the meat up tight in Aluminum foil and place in slow cooker. Cook on high for six hours (you might want to consult your cook book that came with your slow cooker).

When the meat is done it just falls apart. I usually warm up some BBQ sauce and the kids use it for dipping. Serve with salad and some potatoes and you have an easy (and inexpensive) yummy meal that hardly took any work to prepare.

A few nights later I generally turn the left overs into BBQ beef sandwiches or serve it for a warm lunch. That is my favorite part. Yummy.

Last week when I made this meal the kids and I decided to make a special desert to go with it. There Dad really likes peanut butter so we decided to try this new recipe we found.

Peanut Butter Silk Pie

Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 Tbl. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup heavy cream, beaten until stiff

1 9" prepared chocolate cookie crumb pie crust

Topping:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 Tbl. brewed coffee
Chopped peanuts for garnish

1. Make Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl, until creamy. Gently fold in half the beaten cream, then fold in remaining cream until bended. Spread filling in crust: smooth top.

2. Make topping: Combine chocolate chips and coffee in microwave proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 1 1/2 - 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool chocolate slightly then pour over top of filling. Refrigerate pie 1 hour until chocolate is firm, then cover loosely and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired (I used pecans because that is what we like).

This is a great recipe for kids because it is a no bake pie and they can do almost all of it by themselves.

One word of warning though. When we started making this pie I didn't realize it had to set over night so the kids were a little disappointed they didn't get to eat it right away. Just remember to plan ahead for this one.

Hope you enjoy!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 7:54 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 4:47 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Those sound great!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

So glad to hear Paige had a better day at school!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Well now I am VERY hungry =)) That sounds awesome..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: