Wednesday, September 12, 2007
When The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree
I have been feeling guilty lately about neglecting my parents. Though I speak to them on the phone several times a week I haven't actually seen them in almost a month.

With the end of summer, and getting everyone ready to go back to school, time has just seemed to get away from me.

I was just getting ready to pick up the phone and give them a call when the phone rang. My Mom was on the other end of the line asking when I might be coming by with the kids? We made plans for me to drive out and see them today after the kids morning dentist appointment.

Mom was very excited and said "You'll bring books right"?

What?

She goes on to explain that while she is really looking forward to seeing me, she had hoped I had a few new books to pass along her way. It seems she had nothing to read.

My parents don't have a library close by so over the past few years I have become my Mom's lending tree. I try and keep her supplied in books. Obviously, I had fallen down on the job and she was having literary withdrawals.

I guess the apple really doesn't fall to far from the tree.

My mom loves reading and baseball. If the Dodgers are playing a game DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER CALLING HER. She may or may not pick up the phone and if she does she wants you to get right to the point. If the game is not on TV she listens to it on the radio.

As you can see my entire family takes the game of Baseball to an all new obsessive level.

Well, I'm off to search for books.

Have a great Wednesday.

Labels:


  posted at 4:43 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Rochelle said...

You and your parents seem to have a wonderful relationship. And I think it is great how much like her you and your family have become! Nothing wrong with reading, and certainly nothing wrong with baseball! Sounds like healthy obsessions to me! :)

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit! Books and baseball sound like a great combo to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: