Wednesday, September 05, 2007
The Sound Of Silence
This morning was the first day back for my Middle Schoolers. That means all the kids are back in school. Yeah!!!!

Samantha(11) was a little nervous as this was her first day at her new school. Yesterday was the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new buildings (they are so AWESOME)and a brief orientation for the middle school parents. The rest of the week she and Tyler(14) will have something called "Camp on Campus". They don't actually do any work. The teachers have fun things planned and the first three days of school are all about making new friends, feeling comfortable, and understanding how happy they are that your student is their.

I am so thankful we were able to swing it financially this year for them to go. I was a little weepy this morning thinking about how thankful and happy I am. God is so good.

The kids were thankful too. All they have to bring the first week is a Bible and their lunch. On Friday school won't start until 10:00am because they are staying until 8:30 at night for a cook out, Bonn fire, and lots of games. Have I mentioned how much I love this school?

On other news, I can now start working on getting our dossier done for our adoption. I have so much paper work to complete but I didn't want to become obsessed by it while the kids were home. I am now free to obsess all I want while they are at school.

I had to write one of our first big checks last week. I got a little nervous but once again God gave me the peace to just trust Him and know tha He is in control of the situation. I don't know about you but I don't have $20,000 laying around. When I start to think about the amount of money we will need I start to hyperventilate a little. But then God swoops down and reminds me I don't need all the money NOW. He has plenty of time to provide for us.

I had a talk with the kids the other day about money and how much it was going to cost. They were a little surprised. "Why can't they just give us a new sister if she doesn't already have a family" asked our youngest son. I have to agree, that would be much easier.

However, I am excited for our children to see first hand how God provides for our needs when we trust in him. Since I am 100% sure this is what He wants us to do I know that he will provide the way.

Now if only Mom can remember this and stop fretting about it all the time. Geez!

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:41 AM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 11:10 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Does it really cost 20 grand to adopt? That is outrageous!
I was recently astounded by the cost of in vitro fertilization ($9500 in my part of the country).

The new schools sound stupendous! How fun! Why didn't we have fun like that when we were in school?

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your schools sound wonderful! I hope they have a great year!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Heather said...

how nice to have all the kids in school. now some peace and quiet and you time... to do all the things you couldn't do with children around!! oh a mother's work is never done:) I'm praying for you about the adoption thing. I know how expensive it is and if this is what God truely wants for your family, it's gonna happen. oh how happy I am for you and your family!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Joyfulness said...

Their school sounds so fun. No wonder you guys love it!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so awesome that you are taking a leap of faith with the adoption. It is amazing how expensive it is. But, it will be worth it. And the spiritual lessons you will experience as you trust God with the whole situation will be something you can always look back on and remember how He is the great provider.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

I'll be praying for you about the adoption. Adopting our daughter was such a blessing. I know it is crazy expensive though!

The school sounds great! And I hope you enjoy many more quiet times! :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Owlhaven said...

You're my Golden Keyboard winner this week! email me for the code....

Mary, mom to many

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Kimmie said...

Well- I think 20k sounds like a great deal (in this twisted world)...both of our non-u.s.a adoptions excede that number by quite a bit.

can you say ouch...!
But we realize it isn't our money anyhow, it is His and he just trusts it to us...we are happy to give it for children...bring them on Lord!
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted
#22 on the girls waiting list to Guatemala

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Oh, I remember those fun first weeks of school. And I can't wait to hear more about your new family-member-to-be!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Ugh! I know it is some serious money to adopt, but in the end it is nothing. Have you heard Beth Moore talking about her adoption?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: