Thursday, August 09, 2007
Yeah, uh huh, I'm Awake
I told you all that Garrett went back to school yesterday. He had a wonderful day and came home in the best mood. He really missed school.

To make things a little complicated the high school and middle schoolers do not go back to school until the first week of September.

They are still in woo hoo it is summer mode.

Garrett had to go to bed early last night while the others got to stay up. Actually, he was so excited to be back at school that he didn't really complain at all.

This is my only concern or quandary or irritation. What ever you want to call it.

My teenage boys like to stay up until all hours of the morning.

Last night Zach had a friend spend the night and they and Tyler stayed up until 2:00am playing monopoly.

I really should have gone to bed but it is very hard for me to get to sleep if all of my kids are not tucked into their beds. No matter how old they are. So, I stayed up cleaning my desk and paying bills.

When 6:30am rolled around and the alarm went off I was not a happy camper.

It has only been one day back at school and I am already pining for the lazy days of summer.

To add insult to injury this is what I found when I went downstairs this morning.

The monopoly game, not cleaned up, even though the person on the right had obviously won as he had all the money.

They obviously had Cracker Jack's and Popcorn for a midnight snack and thought the clean up fairy was going to show up in the night and take care of this for them.


I followed the trail of destruction to this.

The boys all passed out in Zach's room. Tyler is asleep on the right, Zach is passed out under all the blankets on the left, and the friend must have lost the coin toss because he was happily sleeping on the floor.

I can't show a picture of him. I am only allowed to embarrass my OWN children.

On another note; Paige starts pre-school today. She will go from 1:00-3:30. We are very excited.

Don't you think 1:00pm is a great time for a nap?

Labels: , ,


  posted at 9:21 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a short night for you! We haven't gotten to that stage since mine are only 5 and 2, but I remember that my mom NEVER went to sleep until we were all in bed. By the way, I tagged you if you want to participate. Don't feel bad if you don't!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I agree!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Grab those naps where you can, sister! I was guilty today of feeding my kids breakfast, and then piling them all on my bed to watch Christian Children's Programming while I crawled back in bed and dozed.

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: