Thursday, July 26, 2007
Relief And The Big Mouse
This morning I had a follow up appointment with Paige's speech therapist thru the school district. I took her a few weeks ago and let me tell you it was a wonderful experience. Nothing like this.

Paige was cooperative and the speech therapist, Vicki, was wonderful and really knew how to bring her out of her shell. When I left the appointment I was so excited and felt like we were definitely moving in the right direction and Paige was going to get the help she needed with her speech and language delays.

She qualified for a preschool program which is 2 days a week through our district. I have heard wonderful things about this program and feel so blessed that she will have the opportunity to attend and get the help she needs.

Their is a school near our house that has this program but unfortunately they do not service children from the school our kids attend. The program she would have to go to was at a school about 5 miles away and started at 7:45am. This was really not going to work for us. My middle schoolers and the high school all start at this time and their is no way I can be in three places at once.

Vicki took pity on me and called the school district to see if they could make an exception.

You know what? They did. I truly heart Vicki at this moment.

The school she will attend is close by, she got into the afternoon class which is great for our schedule, and the best part of all is.....IT IS FREE.

I had Paige all signed up at a regular pre-school but was really starting to fret about the cost. Now we can save that money and put it towards our adoption costs.
God is so good.

So, when I got home from the appointment I was so excited by all of our good fortune that I told the kids we were going to celebrate. At Chuck E Cheese. To say they were excited would be an understatement.

Now, I am probably one of the few weird parents who actually likes going to Chuck E Cheese. I do. I really do.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that it had been remodeled since our last visit and had lots of new games.

And they had skeet ball. I love skeet ball.

I was planning on balancing my check book while the kids ran around and played games. That plan immediately flew out the window once I saw all the new games.

After all, what kind of parent would I be if I didn't diligently test all of the games the kids would be playing. There could be a bad one out their lurking about somewhere.

So, being the good parent that I am I sacrificed the checkbook for the new frogger game.

Hey, a girl really needs to have her priorities straight.

Labels: , ,


  posted at 4:49 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Hey, Julie, thank you so much for sharing this. I had missed your earlier post on Paige's speech delays while we were moving. Anyway, I am really struggling with my own daughter's speech delay right now. She is 2.5 and speaks about 10 words. No sentences or word combinations at all. We have been doing speech therapy through early childhood intervention (also free! praise God!), but just have seen so little progress.

I have been feeling very isolated and alone in this journey and it so encouraged me just to read this tonight! I look forward to hearing more about preschool and Paige's speech development!

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad your school situation worked out so well! I actually like CEC too, but my husband HATES it. I sometimes take the kids as a treat when he is out-of-town. Then, everyone is happy!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

How wonderful! That is great the Paige will be in a program that works for you and will really give her the help she need. Free is always great!

We are starting to look at preschools and I am just overwhelmed with how to choose one.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

What wonderful, wonderful news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: