Saturday, July 28, 2007
Some Questions That Are Just Begging For Answers
Today my favorite 11 year old daughter and I went and got a pedicure together. My feet were in bad need of some attention so off we went for a little girl time.

We go to the same nail place every time and I am always amazed that they remember us. Amazed I suppose since we only go there about once every three months.

You see, I am cheap. I figure why pay for something that I can do just as well at home? However, every once in a while the call of the big fancy chair with the jets of warm water shooting at your feet call to me. And I must go.

Anyway, the last time we were there the owners wife gave me my pedicure. She is a lovely young woman and I really like her. She is all of about 4'10" tall with a very petite frame. I noticed immediately upon our last meeting that something was different about her. Her chest area seemed to have been enhanced. Lets just say that her enhancement was so great that I was worried she may topple over as she bent over the jets to scrub all the callouses off my feet.

Well, today we went back. I spoke to the owner and he gave Samantha and I our favorite chairs near the front. This time a nice young man was given the honor of scrubbing my feet.

I have never had a man give me a pedicure before and let me tell you it is not a situation I plan to repeat in the near future. He was holding my toes so tightly I actually started to sweat. I am lucky to still have skin on the bottom of my heels as he was scrubbing them so hard. Unfortunately I am such a wimp and never want to hurt any ones feelings so I suffered in silence and never told him he was hurting me.

So, here is question #1. Are you a total wimp like me or would you have ripped your feet out of his grasp and told him he was KILLING your feet? I said ouch a couple of times but I guess he didn't get the hint.

OK, now back to the story.

As I was receiving my torture, oh I mean relaxing pedicure, I started looking around and noticed something that almost made me think I was looking at a rerun of the Stepford Wives.

Every manicurist in this salon had the same new chest size as the owners wife. They all had the same brea*ts spilling out of their low cut tops.

What the heck?

Was their some 2 for 1 special down at the corner plastic surgeon or something? I know that California has the highest rate of these kinds of surgeries but this was just ridiculous.

I am not kidding when I say I counted eight women with the same obvious enhancement.

You know, recently I have been privately thinking (obviously not so private any more as I am sharing it with all of you now) about having my chest area put back the way God originally intended it to be. After nursing 5 children things tend to go south a little and it would be nice to perk things up a little and put them back into their proper place. Know what I mean?

Actually I am only kidding. Some days I joke about it but I am basically happy with the body God has blessed me with.

However, just for fun, here is question #2. If you were interested would you have the guts to ask one of the girls, who looked like a water balloon was about to burst forth out of her shirt, where she had her work done and if they were giving discounts seeing as he whole shop seemed to have had the same Double D job done?

Would ya? Could ya? I am dying to know.

Labels:


  posted at 4:50 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Ok, Yes, I would make the guy chill on my feet. I want to enjoy it, not be tortured for good money and a tip on top of that?? Not a chance.
And no, you can't ask them about their enhancements, lol! Miss Manners would have a field day with that question! I can just hear her now....... oh, maybe you should pose the question to her!
You could, however, go back for a pedicure and ask for the owners wife specifically when making an appointment, then casually strike up a conversation about wanting to get a b00b job. She'll probably offer up the info.
I think we should do a little 2 for 1 job, I want my DD's down to a B, and you want yours up, or at least fuller? LOL.
I'm still working on getting my doctor to do a tummy tuck while doing my c-sections, he swears they can't do it, even though there is already a cut there and it would be just a slice of skin off and into the trash, sheesh! (and apparently they didn't think I was funny when I asked that because they said "Like I haven't heard THAT one every time we do this."

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I have never had a manicure or a pedicure, so I can't really answer #1. I probably would never get another one if I had your experience though!

#2 I would have to be in a very strange mood in order to ask those ladies what you proposed. I'm SURE that some people have asked them though.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I am a major wimp as well. I also would have suffered through the pedicure without saying anything about the horrible pain I was in! I actually did this once when I was having a massage...and I haven't gone back since. And since I'm a wimp I would have never asked those girls if they had had enhancements, but I definitely would have speculated! :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've actually suffered through a reflexology foot session. I grimaced much but held my tongue.
And for number two I would never directly ask about a boob job.
Qtpies suggested a good way to get the info out of her. But I don't even think I could bring myself to do that.
I'll never be able to afford a boob job should I want one anyway.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Deedra said...

I would have definitly told him to take it easy,...or you could have just asked the guy about the enhancements, and he would probably have completely forgotten about your feet!..lol

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I'm not sure what I would have done about the guy/pedicure thing. It's funny; I read about a guy/pedicure dilemma on another blog last week!

As for the ahem...enhancements, it's been my limited experience (one friend and TV) that women who get boob jobs like to talk about them. So I don't know whether I would have the nerve to ask (cause add me to the wuss list), but I don't think it would be weird or anything if you did.

Did that make sense?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

i'm rolling...

first, i'm a big sissy like you..i once had a girl go crazy with a nail drill on my fingers and I about let her burn her way to the bone before I dared flinch...is that nuts or what?

and as for the boobs - most girls I know who have them are more than willing to show them to you and talk about them in great detail...even in mixed company..I swear, we need to have a girl class on KLASS! There still is such a thing as Too Much Information! :))

with that said, let us know if you get some...lol

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Katherine@Raising Five said...

Well, I might consider a pedicure if it didn't look like I were going to lose my big toenail from a major mishap in the kitchen...

We live not far from Stepford, and my experience is also that people are way more willing to "share" - usually masked in some "complaint" about their doctor, recovery time, aches and pains. Really, now.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

Honestly, I would prefer a woman doing the pedicure on me!!

I would not have a "enhancement". I'm weird about that kinda of stuff. I would prefer to leave it as God created it. However, I'm with you on the going south thing. Children has changed it from how God initially created it!:)

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Yep! I would have sat in silence and suffered right along side you .... just slap a WIMP sticker on my forehead and send me on down the road.

As for the other ... years ago I heard the following, and it stuck:

What's the one thing that a woman who has nursed her kids has between her boobs that no other woman has?

Her bellybutton.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

You are too funny. I've had a painful pedicure once too...it came with a complimentary parafin dip, which was heated to boiling point!!! I didn't say anything either, just went home thinking about what crime I could commit now that my toeprints were melted off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: