Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Warm Thoughts

Lori over at View From Our Front Porch Swing awarded me the Thoughtful Blogger Award a few weeks ago. I was so touched by what she said.

Julie is so full of energy it makes me tired! She passionately loves God, her family and life in general. Her family is top priority always. She has a great love of children, and her family may soon be adopting. Such a giving, selfless heart. I am truly honored to be able to give you this award Julie, you deserve it!


I felt so excited when she said I had lots of energy. I have been feeling so tired lately with just all the normal things going on around here it made me feel refreshed just hearing Lori say I had energy. I guess you could say it worked kind of like a placebo....or a giant energy drink.

Seriously though, I was very touched by Lori's kind words. She is truly an inspiration to me and if she hadn't already given the award to me I surly would have passed it along to her.

In Other news.

I know I haven't talked about our adoption plans since my original post. To be honest things have been a little frustrating and slow moving. I don't know why I am surprised. Everyone warns you that the paper pregnancy is long and frustrating at times.

But as you all know, I am NOT A PATIENT PERSON.

It seems there are rumblings and rumors flying rampant that Russia will soon be changing some of there adoption laws. Something they like to do often. We were warned that sometimes this region can be unstable and that is why some agencies chose not to do adoptions with there government.

Many things have been happening. To many to tell you all about. However, we have felt some leadings to perhaps move our adoption journey to another country. We are prayerfully considering this right now. Please be in prayer for our family that we make the right decision.

I know God has a special child all picked out for us. Of that I have no doubts.

I want HIS will to be done. Not my own.

When I began praying this prayer funny things started happening to Dave and I. We started considering options we never would have before and finding out we were both heading in the same direction.

I am so excited. I know great things are coming our way.

Thanks to all of you for taking this journey with us and for all your kind words and support over the last few weeks. I can never tell you how much I truly appreciate them.

Labels: ,


  posted at 5:47 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not been in your position, but I can see how the slowness would be so frustrating. I am such a planner, and I want to know exactly how everything will play out. I hope your process will go as smoothly as possible!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I thought I knew a little bit about adoption before I started reading blogs. It really does seem like a long drawn out process with a lot of disappointments here and there.

I know God will lead you in the right direction.

COngrats on the award. :)

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

I have a coule of friends who have adopted from Russia. The trick with that was that you have to have lots of extra cash because the community does things to you, like the hotel insists on keeping your passport and then you end up being charged fees for getting it back and stuff like that.
I think most people are told about that stuff before they go, because they were both prepared for it.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I'll be in prayer for you, that God will show you his will, without a doubt, and that you will have peace with the choices you make.

Keep us posted!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Lori said...

You DO deserve the award Julie!

About the adoption, hang in there. I too know that God has a special child waiting on your family. I can see, however, that it would be frustrating. I would also want things to move along much faster than it probably would.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I'm always anxious to hear ANY news!

God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: