Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Perhaps You And The Drive Thru Window Are To Good Of Friends When This Happens
It's 8:00am and Paige and I are out running errands while the older kids sleep in.

I whip into my friendly neighborhood Carl's Jr. to get Paige some French Toast and Hash Brown Nuggets for Breakfast.

As I pull up to the window the nice cashier waves at me and says "We were all talking about you last week. We wondered if everything was OK".

Umm, yes, why?

Well, she reports, you usually come by 2 or 3 times a week and get your morning caffeine (diet coke) and buy your little one breakfast. We were wondering why you stopped coming by.

Summer vacation is what happened. I was happily sleeping in my bed early in the morning instead of yelling at children to move it along and get in the car for school.

I admit to feeling very touched that I had aparantly formed such a close relationship with the folks in the drive through.

However, I begun to wonder how much money I could save by going cold turkey and stopping my morning drive thru addiction.

Then I decided not to worry about it.

After all what kind of friend would I be if I stopped visiting and stopping by to chat about the weather and new menu items a few times a week.

My mama always told me that good friends are like gold and you can never have to many of them.

I whole heartedly agree.

Labels: ,


  posted at 5:14 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 7:21 PM, Blogger missy said...

LOL--We are totally that way with our pizza place! We went to a different one for a week or two and when we finally went back to our regular place they asked hubby where we'd been. Oh, and they actually know him by name and know our order by heart. Sad, so very sad. :)

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish we had a Carls Jr. around here.
I used to work the McDonald's drive thru and I loved our regulars. There was a little old man who ordered a coffee and a newspaper every morning.
There was a single woman who ordered a Diet coke with two lemons at lunch time 4 days a week.
There was a group of construction workers that came by and ordered 6 super sized meals for lunch 3 days a week. They always drove up in their noisy white pickup.
Made the job a little more fun, recognizing someon's voice over the intercom or face at the window.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

How fun! I think that those in the service industry probably remember the people who are actually nice all the time.

:)

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Mandalyn said...

That's hilarious!! Girl, keep getting your diet coke!! You may be the only friendly face they see all day!! You've obviously made a good impression!!:)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

That's great! BTW, can't believe the hysteria fron the young lady with the new Benz...ridiculous!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

The cashier at the grocery store is the person that misses me most when I change my schedule. I popped in there last week and she asked me where I had been. I didn't want to tell her that I had been visiting Aldi's to save a little money. Oh, well!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

LOL Thats funny! My kids think the drive thru people see my car and start to panic because I will get mad if they get the order wrong, which they DO.
(how hard is it to make a fish with no cheese when you go to all the trouble to put a sticker on it that says "no cheese"?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: