I am so excited that you have come over for a minute. I can't wait to get to know you! I am going to open my heart to you today, introduce you to my family, and let you in on a few unknown secrets about myself.
1. I am a compulsive over volunteerer. At this moment I am planing our little league carnival for opening day. The carnival is tomorrow! Why am I on my computer? I have prizes and candy to sort, vendors to confirm with, and a parade to plan. Oh well, all that will just have to wait. I have new bloggety friends to meet.
2. On the few Saturday mornings we have nothing to do I love love love to sleep in. This happens maybe half a dozen times a year. My wonderful hubby will tell the children not to disturb me until I am awake. Knowing this, I will take a book which I have been dieing to read (usually have several on my bed side table) and start reading, under the covers, and when a child peeks in to see if I am awake I just close my eyes as if I am not. I can usually get two or three good hours of reading out of this. I am sure this puts me into some horrible mother category, but I really don't care, it is blissfully wonderful the few times it happens every year.
3. I have five ornery...uh, oops, I mean wonderful children. My oldest is 15 and I am not allowed to talk about him on my blog. Can you imagine that he actually thinks he deserves some sort of privacy regarding his life??? It is really to bad because between him and his friends I have pages and pages of hysterical anecdotal information I could use on this blog. My 13 yr. old just wants to make sure I don't embarrass him( I don't know why he thinks I would do such a thing?) our 10 and 8 year old feel like superstars when they are mentioned, and my three year old is well, three, so she doesn't really care about anything but blowing bubbles in the back yard.
4. Our family loves baseball. We play baseball, watch baseball, coach baseball, and anything else baseball related is going on at our house. My husband would love to quit his day job and just coach and play baseball all day long. He probably should have considered this before we had all of those kids, but then who would he have to coach, watch and play with? Hmm. Our oldest just started playing high school ball which has launched us into another phase. I have decided that this could be great for my figure. Every time he pitches in a game I get so nervous I think I may actually throw up. He seems to love the pressure and actually thrives on it. I CAN NOT TAKE IT! I worry about him because some of the other parent's can be a little nasty when things aren't going as well as they think they should. I am sure any of you with kids in youth sports know what I am talking about. Oh well, maybe I can take an extra 10 pounds off during the season if the nervous stomach persists.
As you have just read I broke rule #3 above (do not talk about 15 yr. old on blog) so to appease him I am posting his favorite teams logo here: Sorry honey, I just couldn't help it.
5. I have never had any kind of a drink at Starbucks. I don't know why I just haven't. In honor of being, most likely, the only one in the blogosphere who has not I have donated a $20.00 gift certificate to this fine coffee establishment for the Bloggety Blog Party. Go on over and register to win.
6. Finally, here is my idea of the perfect man (next to my wonderful hubby of course).
Don't you agree? Please leave a comment and tell me something about yourself. Does anyone else out there not go to Starbucks??? I look forward to visiting your blogs on Sunday (after Church and the big Carnival) and can't wait to meet some new bloggy friends.