Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Happy Valentine's Day to the One I Love....




Twenty Four years ago I met a boy named Dave who I thought was really nice. We were friends but I always felt bad because I didn't like him the way he "liked" me. I was young and stupid and yearned for one that was all wrong for me. One day when this other person hadn't been very nice to me I asked God why I couldn't fall in love with a nice guy, the kind like that guy who came over every weekend to watch football with my Dad, and ate my mom's summer squash even though I knew he didn't really like it? A guy like Dave. All my girlfriends thought he was great. One evening my friend, Lisa, asked me if I was ever going to give him a chance. I said "No", I just don't like him "that way". Well, she said, I think he's really cute so if you don't like him I'm going to ask him out. WHAT?





Why is it us girls never seem to want anything until we think we might not be able to have it? That weekend I agreed to go to an NFL football game with Dave. We had a really good time but I still wasn't sure if I could "like him, like him". The next day a beautiful gold box was delivered to my parents house. Inside were a dozen yellow roses. He had taken the time to find out what my favorite flower was. Yellow roses, not red. Cupid's arrow pierced my heart that day and within a few short weeks I couldn't understand how I could not have immediately "liked" this guy. He was great!

We were married about 18 months after that first date. I thank God for answering my prayers and allowing me to fall in love with the greatest guy around. Honey, thanks for a fantastic twenty two years! I love you more than you could ever imagine.

Labels:


  posted at 7:58 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 7:20 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

What a great story. I like yellow roses too, but I think I like peach the best.

That IS funny about how you don't want something until you think you can't have it.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Awesome story! You got married "quickly" too! We were married 3 weeks short of a year after we met! LOL People thought we were nuts! *wink* We knew better!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today too!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Hi again. Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my blogroll. Just let me know if that's not okay.

Have a great night...

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

What a sweet story! Your DH sounds like a sweet guy! BTW, my favorite roses are pink ones! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: