Thursday, February 08, 2007
such a good little girl
I seem to have a little problem. Camera's in my hand might just as well jump out a window as to be the poor recipients of an owner like me. Several years ago, when digital camera's were relatively new and expensive, I bought my hubby one for his birthday. We loved it, and I dropped it. It never seemed to work right again. Next, we bought a second digital camera. Prices had come down so we got a nicer one with a few more bells and whistles. I really liked this camera, it took good pictures, and was easy to use. I left it in the rain on top of our Barbecue...for several days....all the unsaved pictures were lost..waaaaa! Guilt and sadness overcame me and I decided to start using disposable camera's for a while. I did this for about a year and then hubby took pity on me and bought me a not to expensive digital camera that I have really liked. It fit in my purse and served the purpose I wanted it to. I was glad he hadn't spent a whole lot of money on it because, lets be honest, we both knew it may not last long.

Well, that was a little over a year ago and I was finding myself longing for a little better quality camera. However, since the one I was using wasn't really broken (yet) I didn't really think I should spend the money on a new upgraded version. I am going to need a new dishwasher soon, we started planning the family summer get away and decided we needed to be saving more to prepare for that. No, I didn't need a new camera.

Last Friday morning I logged on to the computer to pay some bills. My 3 year old daughter was sitting next to me playing. A few minutes into bill paying I heard her say....Ooh Noo, it broke. Hmm, not a good sentence to come out of a small child's innocent little mouth. I looked down to see the camera in her hands and the lens protruding at a funny angle. She had broken the lens. It would no longer retract. The camera kept saying error and would not take a picture. It was caput. Darn It. I guess I have to buy a new camera after all.

I am sooo excited. It is being delivered tomorrow. This is what I got. I thought, for a moment, about getting a SLR but I don't really need that. I would like to take a photography class this year and if I do maybe we can splurge at Christmas because, lets be realistic, by Christmas this one will have probably suffered a cruel death as well.

Labels:


  posted at 12:00 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At 4:59 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well, I can't solve all your problems, but I learned a trick from a photographer about how to hold your camera. You must have a strap on your camera (this is mandatory, many of them do have them or you can buy a semi-case that has one). Put this strap around your wrist, twist it around a couple times. When you do this, if you accidentally drop it or are pushed by someone, the camera will just unwind a little bit and it is much less likely that you will drop it. This is also a deterrant for theft of cameras (esp. if you are a tourist).
I have a film SLR and I keep watching the price of the digital SLR in hopes it will go down further. There are a lot of other things I need more--but my current digital is just a crummy part of my video camera. *sigh*
Enjoy your new one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: