Sunday, March 04, 2007
i am in party heaven
First I have to say I survived our big Little League opening day carnival and have been blissfully visiting many of your blogs today. Wow. I am truly impressed by the wonderful group of people who are out their blogging their little hearts out. I would really like to visit everyone, but with over 500 participants, the last time I checked, I am not sure I will have enough time. However, I am someone who is always up for a challenge. Perhaps I just wont sleep this week and instead I will party with all of you into the wee morning hours. I will let you know how that goes.

Here are a few pics of the parade and carnival. Now that it is over I will need to catch up on laundry and maybe clean a bathroom or two. I spent the last two weeks planning this event morning, noon and night so my family was a little neglected to say the least. I do have to brag on them a little though. I slept until noon (I was completely exhausted and coming down with a cold) and when I got up they had cleaned the entire down stairs. Floors had been moped, rooms had been vacuumed, clutter put away, etc. I love you all very much, you are the absolute best!!!

Here is our youngest son acting goofy with his team before going on the field for the parade.





Youngest son again. He loved being in the dunk tank. He is such an introvert I worry about him (not). Of course his two older brothers had to make sure they were the first ones to dunk him. After all, what are older brothers for?




Here was the biggest hit of the carnival. A 200 ft. long zip line. You had to climb up a ladder 25 feet, put on a harness, and then they would basically throw you off and you were zipped down this cord 200 feet to the ground. Unfortunately, every time my kids did it I wasn't around to snap a pic. Here is one of my daughters friends coming down the line.




We had a great time as a family and are looking forward to another great baseball season.

I will see you all at the party. Party on!

Labels:


  posted at 11:52 PM  
  15 comments



15 Comments:
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I wanted to check out your blog - thanks so much for visiting mine. And thanks for sharing your family pics! I'll be back!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Dannye said...

Wow, your boys look like they are having a ball, brought back memories of our growing up (my sister and I played softball and my brother played baseball so we were always at the fields).

thanks for the invite to your home/blog for the party, enjoyed myself...

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Come on over & check out my fun Bump! Photo Tag going on! Hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

Party!
Steph

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by my party. The carnival looks so fun... love the pictures of your boys.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I thought I would be able to zip through the party participants too, but there are so many of them! The carnival looked fun.
That was nice of them to help you clean! What a great surprise!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Oops, I forgot to answer your question! Yosemite all the way. It is by far my favorite place I've ever visited (This tops England, Scotland, Dominican Republic and the other National Parks I've been to). You cannot be disappointed. We actually went to Lake Tahoe after Yosemite and I was "let down" because Yosemite was just so beautiful.

Maybe you've already been since you are from Cal. My brother lives in Sacramento, BTW.

But my dream National Park would be to go to all the ones in Alaska.

Okay, gotta run!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Shawna said...

Those are some great pics!! The zip line looks a little to scary for a wimp like me:) I'm glad your kids enjoyed it!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Those are some great photos...and what a carnival it must have been.

party-on!

Diane

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Julie,

Hi! Thanks for visiting me! You must be really super busy! The carnival looks to real fun. The pictures are all great. We had a dunk tank at our church spring festival last year. Our pastors sat in it for a while. DH dunked them around three times I think.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! How nice of your family to clean so much for you! Can I borrow them? LOL

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger dexiejane said...

ooohhh, that looks like tons of fun. perfect weather to match it too. must be nice. :)

hopping from the UBP.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Thanks for vising my blog! Looks like the carnival was fun :)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

Hi There! I am also a mom of five visiting through the blog party! We are about to start up baseball with our three boys. I can't wait!

Looks like you know how to plan a party, by the way...and what a blessing to find your downstairs cleaned up! What a great family you have!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I could have sworn I left a comment last time I was here. I think all this party blogging in the middle of the night has left me a little loopy! Oh my gosh, the carnival sounds like a blast! I would be all about the dunk tank too if I lived somewhere sunny. Fun, fun!

Also, I'm your prize winner! Yeah! Seriously never win anything so I'm shocked I got my #1 pick...Starbucks is my friend!!

You can email me at bearzfan2002@yahoo.com!

Take care!

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those little league pictures. Such great smiles on their faces!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: