Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Little League Overload...and this and that
In honor of the beginning of the 07 little league season I have posted some pics on my sidebar of the most enthusiastic 8 year old you will ever meet. He loves baseball and is very ready for the season to begin. Yes, all of you who live in the east don't start for a while (you lucky dogs) but those of us who live in the sunshine states get to start games the first week of March. What that means is practice will start the first of February.

Baseball season in our house is crazy. My husband and I are very active in running the local league. I think my hubby would like to quit his job and become a full time little league volunteer. Unfortunately, their are bills to be paid so he has to go to a real job every day where he just gets to daydream about being a full time Little League volunteer. Hubby is a player agent as well as the right hand man to our wonderful president (she reads hers so, Hi Lori). Last year I was the treasurer as well as chief bottle washer (meaning anything else that needed to be done) so this year I have taken the much smaller job of secretary. However, the person who usually runs the snack bar has gotten a "real job" and I somehow volunteered to take that over. I am starting to panic a little trying to figure out how that will get done, but I am sure I can find a good team of volunteers to help me (after all I am a wonderful person and who wouldn't want to help me???lol).

We have had a tough couple of years at our little league. We have had people running our league that were so self serving words cannot even describe how disgusting I found their behavior. Last season we formed a coup and took over the league from the evil empire. It was a rough year, but now things are so much better. I am so thankful that this place my children spend so much time is now run by a primarily Christian group of people who value every child and not just their own. We have had people return who had left and have heard stories from others that have made our blood boil.

At one point during last season one of the disgruntled parents (who had been hoisted out of power) accused me of stealing all the money out of the snack bar. Now, I found this so amusing I just started to laugh which made this person even angrier. She started screaming and making a huge scene in front of all the other parents. I just stood in front of her very calmly and let her rant and rave and then I walked away. People asked me how I had been able to stand their and listen to her garbage without hitting her or screaming back. Simple, I am a Christian. At that moment I knew all eyes were on me, and while many might not have known I was a Christian, I knew. This poor woman is still angry and spewing her venom wherever she goes but thankfully she has left our league and we will not have to deal with her or her friends anymore. A legacy was left from that day on the baseball field. Our president took much more abuse last year than I and she had every right just to wash her hands of the whole thing and walk away. She didn't. You see, she is also a Christian and we felt in many ways this ball park was our mission field. We couldn't lay down and let evil win, we had to fight. We did, and we won. Our league is now run by a group of godly men and women and it shows. Many who had left little league have come back as they heard we were now in charge. Some of our parents have even visited our church's.

When I thought back on that day recently I realized that if I had lost my temper and given in to my desire to punch that lady in the nose (come on, I am not a saint!) what kind of role model would that have been for my children (yes, she did this in front of two of my children). I am so thankful that God gave me the restraint I needed and I am finally learning that I need to always act like a Christian, not just when it is convenient for me.

Blessings,
Julie

Labels:


  posted at 12:28 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Amydeanne said...

wow! Great testimony to the other little league parents! :)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

WTG on keeping your cool! Thanks for visiting my blog!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

What a wonderful example you were to your children and a light you were to other parents! Blessings to you and your family!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Cakes said...

Baseball?! Already?! LOL!
Glad you helped to make things better for the kids. I hate when their activites are taken away from them by the parents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: