Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Oh no! I've turned into Mrs. Olson...
The weather is warm, a beautiful 82 today, the skies clear, and no one is barfing at my house. Life is sooo good!

Recently I have found myself not as thankful as I should be for all of the wonderful blessings God has layed at my feet. My wonderful husband, healthy happy children, wonderful friends, a beautiful home, and the list goes on and on.

I love to watch Little House on the Prairie. I grew up watching it and the show has always been one of my favorites. My kids enjoy it now and I have so much fun watching it with them like it is the very first time. While the kids were home sick this past week their was a Little House on the Prairie Marathon on one day. I layed on the couch, comforting my child, and watching the familiar show. As I was watching I noticed something very disturbing. My behavior over the last few days was a lot more like Mrs. Olson's than the sweet, kind, God fearing Carolyn Ingalls. I had been grumpy and irritable, snipping at people and not being as loving as I should be. Now, I could argue that I had every right to be irritable. My five kids had been barfing on me for a total of 7 days at this point. I hadn't gotten a really good night sleep and I was tired. However, the loving Christian mother in me knew this was no excuse. My children only had the stomach flu, which would go away in a few days.

At that very moment I apologized to God for not being the person he wanted me to be, and also thanked him that all of my children would recover. We all know of people who are not as fortunate, who deal with terminally or chronically ill children. I had no excuse for my snippy unkind behavior. God's blessings overflow in my life and I am so thankful. I never want to watch an episode of Little House again and see similarities between myself and Mrs. Olson. Yuk!

Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Have any of you ever had a Mrs. Olson moment?

  posted at 9:35 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: