Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Sometimes It Is Good To Throw A Little Tantrum
Paige has out grown her bike. I have kept telling her we would get her a new one. I had looked at a couple of garage sales and hadn't found one her size. So, I decided that today was the day and we would go and buy her a new bike.

I am generally not one to get my kids a gift if it is not their birthday or a holiday, however, I have decided that anything that keeps them active and outside is a necessity and not a gift. They are much happier (and so am I) when they have lots of outdoor time.


Anyhoo, we went to Toys R Us and she picked out a cute princess bike. We took it up to the counter and were informed she could not have that bike. They did not sell the display items and they did not have anymore of this particular bike.

My 5 year old did not understand this. She cried and looked at the sales clerk like she was the meanest person EVER. Within minutes we had managers in the back searching the inventory for another bike. They found one but it would take them 48 hours to assemble it. More tears.

The poor manager and sales clerk. My daughter can really lay it on when she wants to.

Long story short, she gets her bike tomorrow morning.

We left the store with free balloons and hugs from the employee's.

Boy, am I sure they were glad to see us leave.

**************************************************************************
The fresh strawberries are at the roadside stands and my family has been thoroughly enjoying them. I am sure I am one of their best customers.

Aren't they pretty?

For the last few weeks I have been making homemade waffles in the morning with fresh strawberry sauce and whip cream on top.

Can you say delicious?

  posted at 9:44 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 4:19 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Our toys r us sold us the display bike. Then the pedel fell of yesterday I guess.

Good luck with the new bike!

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Can I say JEALOUS?! Not of the new bike. And not necessarily of the strawberries (not a huge lover of them, could take them or leave them) but of the HOMEMADE WAFFLES?! oh my.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

My mouth is watering looking at those strawberries.

I wish my tantrums were as productive as Paige's. A 40 year old having one is probably not nearly as cute as a 5 year old's!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Jill said...

48 hours to assemble a bike???? Paige should have told them to do it on the spot. And why couldn't they have sold you the display and then put the new one together for a display? And why have something on display if you don't have anymore? I'm gonna throw a tantrum for Paige too!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Can I take Paige along with me when I shop and don't get my way??? :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Oooo! Those strawberries look good! I'm waiting for ours, but it will be a while yet for them. The strawberry plants are just startingn to green up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: