Friday, March 20, 2009
Spring is Here!
I picked up Paige's new bike today and we spent the afternoon riding around the park. She had so much fun and I had so much fun watching her.

I was so upset when I realized I forgot to pick up the camera. So, sorry, not cute shots of her on her new princess bike. You know the one she threw the tantrum about? I'll try and take a few tomorrow and post them for grandma to see.

I got an email today from our social worker saying that our dossier had been sent to Ethiopia for translation. They had been holding them in St. Louis until it was closer to time for a referral. I was excited to know we had passed another step and hopefully we will get a referral in the next few months.

I spent all morning on the phone with Kaiser trying to talk with a doctor I had found online who had experience treating orphans and stated in his bio that he was a Christian and enjoyed doing mission work any time he could. I thought he would be a great pick for our new child(rens) pediatrician. Then I found out he only works at the hospital and ER and does not have office hours where he sees patients. I wanted to leave him a message and ask him if he would review the medicals for our kids when we got them and also if he had a recommendation for a good pediatrician in the area who understood about the special needs (sometimes) of orphans. Kaiser transferred me 5 times and no one could figure out how to get this doctor a message. It was very frustrating. I finally asked the other kids pediatrician to send this doctor and email explaining what we were looking for and he agreed. Hopefully we will make some progress now.

We are in for another busy weekend of ballgames, BBQing and maybe even some time in the jacuzzi.

Happy first day of spring! I am loving this warm California weather.

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:23 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 7:28 AM, Blogger missy said...

Wow, a BBQ and jacuzzi! Makes me want to buy a ticket and head on out! Enjoy!! :)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Come on over Missy, it is beautiful here today.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Happy first day of spring ... belatedly!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Good luck in getting in contact with that doctor. Have you tried googling him and the hospital. Sometimes you can find their email addresses that way.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger jolincountry said...

Oh, how I despise contacting insurance. I've been disputing with mine over the past few weeks.
Your weekend sounds like it was going to great. I hope you all had fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: