Sunday, April 05, 2009
Better Late Than Never
I have been a bad blogger lately. To much running around, no time for the computer.

I had a friend ask me the other day if I was on Facebook? People ask me this all the time and are always amazed that I am not. To be honest I really don't need another addiction that takes me away from my family. Something else to do on the computer could be very dangerous for me. Do those of you on Facebook find it as addicting as blogging? Let me know.

Since last Saturday our family has had 10 baseball games and 2 basketball games. Our kids have been so busy I thought my head might spin off. I am looking forward to the break over Easter weekend. Some families will be playing ball over Easter, OUR FAMILY WILL NOT. There are actually some things more important than baseball, and Easter, the Resurrection, and Jesus are definitely one of them.

All of the pictures I took from last weekends basketball tournament turned out blurry. I was so disappointed. However, here is one from after the game (Garrett is on the left holding the basketball) as the whole team was trying to catch their breath.

Garrett's team came in second overall and we were so proud of the entire team. He had a great time and I feel so blessed to have found this Home School Sports Organization. He has made some good friends and I love how they pray before each game and give the kids Scripture to memorize. Fantastic!

I'm off to get ready for Church now. This afternoon I hope to catch up on all the laundry that has piled up over this crazy week. A nap may be in my future as well.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:57 AM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Tegan, Gregory and Maiya said...

Hey Julie!
I joined Facebook a few months ago and found it exciting at first. It is a great way to connect and find people from your past as well as keep in touch with those currently in your life. But, I find I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I thought I would. I'm like you, I don't want to have too many "addictions" on the computer. I find blogging to be far more fulfilling, at least for now during our adoption process.
Great to hear that your family is having so much fun!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kathyb1960 said...

Facebook is VERY addicting! There are people to chat with, games to play, trivia to answer. I haven't been on very long, so maybe it will slow down, but it's worse than blogging!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

Yes, FB is as addicting as blogging. I like them for very different reasons. But I confess, I do need to re-balance my priorities occasionally and adjust my time spent on these pursuits.

Now that the weather is nicer and we are out two to three nights a week for sports, I find that the nap time of my Empress is the best time to "piddle" away my time without guilt or misplaced priority. Both of them are great, in their rightful place!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Honestly I have facebook and I like it better then blogging, I don't always have time to write a blog but with facebook I can give a quick update if I want too. I have some issues wiht their privacy but figured out how to adjust my settings accordingly. :) I am more addicted to it then I was with blogging. My poor blog is abandoned as of late. :) I would pick one or the other though both would be a lot of computer time. If you do join facebook let me know! haha. i still read your blog though!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger missy said...

Facebook has almost completely replaced blogging for me. I love it! It is much more instantly gratifying than blogging for me. Guess I'm simple like that! :)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Raquel said...

I have facebook account but i love blogging so much more. so many of my friends are literally ADDICTED to facebook!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I facebook. Yes, it is very addicting...at first, but now it has lost it's initial appeal. Now I am able to just check it for a few minutes a few times each day.

I love that I am in contact with old friends more often than I have been in the past. I got caught up in the games, but have since tired of them. I still like to blog though...mainly for all our family who live far away...but I don't seem to update as often as I should.

However, if you do join facebook, let me know! I'd love to be your friend!!! I have found a few blogger friends on facebook. It's fun.

Good to see you are still with us.
Blessings,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: