Monday, July 07, 2008
The Fourth and The First Day Of School
Our family had a wonderful weekend. All of my siblings (4 total) but one were able to join us for a few days of fun. We swam, had fireworks, hot fudge sundaes, water gun wars, and several pinochle games where the sisters were victorious. I ate so much I still feel like I might explode. I think it may be water only for me today.

Paige started Kindergarten today. She was very excited to go until she discovered it was at a new school and a new teacher. There were some tears but I think she will do fine overall. I was sad to send her off today because all the other kids are home for at least another month.

I have started researching home school groups in our area and have been pleased to find so many with so many options as well. Dave and I are pretty sure we are going to home school our 4th and 7th grader next year and let the teens continue at the high school. If we do this we can have everyone on the same schedule which will make life a lot easier and more enjoyable for us all.

We haven't told them yet. I wanted to figure out which group we were going to join, etc. before telling them. They won't be happy at first but I really believe they will love it once we get started. I would love to home school Paige as well but she really needs the speech and occupational therapy right now so I am keeping her in her "special" class for at least another year.

We have lots going on with the adoption also but I am out of time. I'll try and update on that subject tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Labels: , ,


  posted at 12:22 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Sounds like a fun fourth! I wish we had family around here (on my side; my siblings) for holidays. Wow, Kindergarten has started already! I hope she adjusts well. And exciting about homeschooling!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Hey Julie! I know you've been busy!!Hope everythings going good for ya!School schedules....Ughh!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Sounds like a wonderful 4th of July celebration. Wow, I thought the same as Kristin, school starts for her already?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Gosh! I can't imagine taking my kids to school on July the 7th or 9th or whatever day this is.
Homeschooling will be the BEST THING your busy family has ever done. Especially if the sports are played with a tourney team and not a school team.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I know CA is different, but it just seams strange to have school in July.

That does make a lot of sense to have all the kids on one schedule. I hope it works out well for you and that your kids learn to embrace it.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can't believe it's been so long since I checked in with you. Oh, have I missed a lot!

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Glad your son is back safe and sound.
Can't wait to hear about the adoption.
Poor Paige. It just doesn't seem right for school to be starting.
Homeschooling? I pray the children will take the news better than you expect.
Move to ND??? NO WAY!! You'd freeze your buns off and the mosquitoes would drive you nuts. But if fireworks are that important to you....then go for it :-) I might even try to visit you!

Have a great day!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Val said...

I just love your blog! I will be back again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: