Saturday, November 17, 2007
The Great Shoe Debate Of 2007
Today Samantha and I took off together for a little shopping and girl time. We shopped for seven hours straight. My little feet are swollen and angry, but we had a blast.

I have been shopping online and picking up a few things when I was out for the last month. I only have two more gifts to buy and then I am done. I am sooooooo excited. I have never been done before Thanksgiving before.

I only bought a few things today but we went into a bunch of stores that I have always wanted to browse in and never seemed to have the time to. We have a new outdoor mall with lots of new shops I have never heard of so it made our adventure all the more fun.

I bought these shoes today.

I wore them for several hours and they were really comfy. All the boys in my house think they are weird looking. Hubby refused to comment which means he doesn't really like them. I don't care what anyone says. They are a little different, but cute. Plus I had a coupon and they were 50% off. I love them even more because of that.

I also bought this sweat suit at Chico's.

I liked it so much I wore it out of the store (with my new shoes). I was going to have one of the boys take a picture of me in it but after they laughed at my shoes I refused to let them.

So, here is my self portrait.

Isn't it a great picture? That will teach them to make fun of there momma. I do like how my chest area looks perkier since my arms are raised to take the picture. Well, we won't get into that now. I could write an entire post on that subject.

In case your wondering, I did actually buy some things for other people. However, every once in a while I get in a mood and decide to buy myself something new. Like once every two or three years.

How are you all doing on your Christmas lists? Anyone planning on tackling the crowds next Friday? I have to confess that I avoid Black Friday like the plague, but I have some friends who love love love it. What about you?

Labels: ,


  posted at 9:48 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Umm, I won't comment on the shoes, either, except to say "woohoo on the discount!"
I could do a whole blog on the perky thing. Maybe we could start one together.
"How to fake perky"

Thanks for your prayers. My mom is going on that trip to say good-bye. They have close friends in Florida that they are business partners with, so she is basically going to say good-bye to them and the kids with one last time of fun. There really is not saving the marraige right now. He told her that he would not work on their marraige until she learns to be organized, and he doesn't think she will ever change enough to be good enough for him. He actually said that to her face.
He only really lets her stay because he is a fisherman and someone has to watch the kids. He won't let control of the kids go to someone else, like their mother.
I don't believe in divorce, and I can't imagine living with what he says to her, so I'm torn.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Yea for you! I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, too. Whoo hoo!

Glad you were able to treat yourself to something you like!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I like to shoes! They are different and cool!! As for Christmas shopping...our budget is REALLY tingt this year so there won't be many presents which is a little sad, but also good. I'm really getting sick of not knowing what to get for someone and getting stressed and ending up getting them something out of obligation. That's not what Christmas is all about. As far as shopping on Friday... I may go with my sister in law. She LOVES going. I don't like getting up before the sun, standing out in the cold, and having rude people shoving into me. But who knows if I'll go. we'll see. :)

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger heartafire said...

The shoes are great and the warm-up suit even cuter.

No, I'm not done with my Christmas shopping. I did want to say to Heather: DON'T WORRY... Be thankful for the little that you do have, and don't buy one thing out of guilt, obligation or some false sense of "love." The hardest things to give to people don't cost any money: your time, patience, love, listening.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love that sweat suit! I have a red one just like it, but rarely wear it because I have panty issues. I don't like my lines to show, but going panty-less is not option. So I thought I'd lose weight so my butt wouldn't be so big, but that's not working.
Anyhoo....more than you wanted to know, I'm sure.
Congrats on almost being done with your shopping. I haven't even started. But the dh and I have decided to get up early next Friday and shop online together in our pj's. I {heart} him so much! :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

LOVE the shoes!

I'm just starting on Christmas shopping, but feel optimistic. I think we're going out on Black Friday, but only because we want to try for some of the early electronics specials, like cameras and laptops.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

I almost never do Black Friday. I'm not a big believer in crowds.

I like the shoes. They look comfy and versitile.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Love the shoes and the outfit! I am going to try the arms up thing to look a little perkier...maybe in our next family photo...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: