Saturday, August 25, 2007
Happy Days Are Here Again....
Today was the first day of Winter Baseball. My hubby was SOOOOO happy. He almost skipped down the stairs this morning.

He's the manager of Garrett's team. They are the Yankees this year. This is very unsettling for the Yankee hating Red Sox fans who also live in our home. The things we must endure.

Only my deep and abiding love for my child could get me through actually having to root for a Yankee team. Somehow we all survived. The kids did great and more importantly had a fantastic time.

Garrett is just as excited as his Daddy. They are like two pea's in a pod. Very sweet.

In other news I won the book Cant Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg from Heidi a few weeks ago and am hopefully going to start reading it this weekend. I can't wait.

I heard from the out of control Mercedes owner. It seems it cost her $200.00 to get the little scratch fixed on her car. I was pretty sure they could just buff it out, she said they couldn't. I asked to see the bill from the repair shop. She is sending it to me.

Paige now loves school. When I dropped her off last Thursday we were a little early so had to wait outside the gate. She kept banging on the gate saying "let me in" and "I'm Here". She cried when I picked her up. She didn't want to leave. I am so thrilled.

Well, I guess I better go. I've been sitting here typing and yelling at the kids to leave me alone. Paige just came over to me, put her hands over my mouth and said, Shhhh mommy. No Yell.

I guess I should go give my little blessings some attention.

Have a great weekend.

Labels: ,


  posted at 6:29 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Maybe you could tell Ms. Benz that you'd be happy to pay the bill.

According to her own statistics- she should get three of your kids for a week.

That should settle the bill just fine.

Yes, I think it would.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

That is good that she is sending you the bill so you can see it.

"Winter" baseball?

Enjoy your book:)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

LOL, Julie, I know just what you mean about the Yankee-hating-Red-Sox-fans. They are everywhere here in NH, including this house. I thought the rivalry would end when the RS finally won the World Series a few years ago, but nope! Ugh.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Paige likes school! I am laughing about the Yankees. My hubby wouldn't want to cheer for them either. For some reason, our teams only have major league names in the spring. I don't know what my son's team is for the fall yet. I think they just make up names for their fall teams. Good luck with the car lady!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

WINTER baseball? It's still summer!

WTG, Paige! Glad she's enjoying school so much now. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: