Monday, April 23, 2007
me and my girl
Yesterday my little girl turned 11. Eleven years since I held my sweet first daughter in my arms. The daughter I had prayed for with all my heart. An answer to my prayers.

I should have known she would be a total dream come true just from my birth experience. I was a week over due and my doctor decided to induce my labor. The night before her oldest brother, who was 4 at the time, was up sick most of the night. When I checked in for my induction that morning I was a little tired and looking forward to a nap. The doctor checked me and I was all of 1 centimeter dilated. He started me on the pitocin and also gave me an epidural at the same time so I could go to sleep (I love him so much). Knowing, from past experience, that my labors are generally long and that there would most likely be no action for several hours, I sent hubby home to check on our sick son. He left reluctantly (one of my best girl friends stayed with me) and I went to sleep. Forty five minutes later I woke up with a very strong urge to go to the bathroom. I let the nurse know and she stated she had better check me first, just in case. I started laughing and thought she was being ridiculous but didn't put up a fuss. She immediately looked me in the eyes and very firmly stated "do not move, if you sneeze this baby will come flying out!". I informed her this baby could not come now because I had sent my husband home and he had to be there for the birth. She didn't really seem all that worried about Dave not being there, the doctor was another story. My girlfriend quickly called Dave and told him to run, run, run, do not walk, to the hospital immediately. The doctor came quickly in, I barely pushed once, and out she came. She was the most beautiful, petite little thing I had ever seen. I immediately fell completely and wonderfully in love with this child. Five minutes later her Dad came frantically running into the room. I still feel so guilty to this day he missed her birth. Needless to say he never left my side for the next two children, but of course they took there sweet time joining us. I have never again had a birth where I literally felt no pain and the baby just fell out. She was such a thoughtful child even from the very beginning. lol.

Yesterday, after church, the two of us along with her best friend escaped for a day of fun. Having three brothers she requested a girl day that would not include her brothers farting, burping, or having some sort of testosterone driven fit. I could hardly deny her this.

We went to lunch, then went for a manicure and pedicure. We stopped for frozen yogurt on the way to the mall at her favorite place. I had several coupons for one of her favorite stores so she and her girlfriend were able to get matching swim suits and a couple of new outfits. We shopped for several hours and then met her friends mom and sister for dinner for some fun girl talk (again with no burping and farting). We had an awesome day and I am so thankful I was able to spend this special time with her and the girls.

We have both decided we need to do something like this more often. While we love the boys it is so nice to just get to be girls every once in a while. We can't wait until little sister is old enough to join us.

  posted at 8:39 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:07 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

What a lovely post! It sounds like you have a wonderful daughter and had a great day together.

That is incredible how easy the birth was even with pitocin. I blame pitocin very much for a very hard delivery!

Have a great day!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

What a memorable birth story! Happy birthday to your DD! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Romie said...

If only every birth could be like that... I am sure your husband forgives you and marvels in the joy of her all the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: