Wednesday, April 04, 2007


OK, I have never been an American Idol Freak (as in can't wait for next week) but my kids love it and it is actually something we can watch together. However, this season my attitude has changed. This whole Sanjaya thing is driving me insane and really getting under my skin. It is obviously bothering my kids too. This morning as I was dropping them off at school my 8 yr. old, Garrett, asked me what I thought was going to happen to Sanjaya? "Worried about it?" I asked "Are there actually people in the world so stupid to even vote for him?" Yes, son. I am afraid there are. More on this topic later.

My favorites last night were Blake (love, love , loved "Mac The Knife") Melinda, and Jordin. All terrific performances.

Least favorites were of course you know who and Haley. Though I do think Haley got a raw deal from the judges. Coming after "the one who shall not be mentioned" you would have thought anything would have sounded great. The fact that Randy didn't really comment and all Paula said was "I like your green dress" seemed a little mean.

Now, on to Sanjaya. I find it astonishing that his family stands in the audience clapping and cheering like he is the most wonderful thing alive. Now, I believe we should always support and encourage our children to follow their dreams. However, we need to pepper our enthusiasm with some cold hard facts at times. If Sanjaya were my child I would explain to him (very lovingly of course) that he has no talent. You can not sing child. People are voting for you as a joke! Be humble, enjoy the moment, but do not for one moment believe that you can actually sing. If this failed I would still go to the tapping and clap and cheer for my child. However, I would be wearing a bag on my head and holding a sign that read "PLEASE DON'T VOTE FOR MY CHILD! I KNOW HE CAN'T SING! END THE TORTURE NOW!"

How is that for my mother of the year resume?

How could it be that Gina was the one voted off???? I am so sad. This is really getting ridiculous!!!




Thanks to Laurel for the cute AI button. For more AI talk head on over to boomamas house for some hilarious reads.

  posted at 8:30 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Musings of a Housewife said...

Yeah, I just keep thinking, WHERE is this child's mother?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I totally agree with you about the lack of humility. I can't believe how cocky this kid is!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

Sanjaya is kinda wearing on my nerves too. I enjoyed reading your take on everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: