Wednesday, March 28, 2007
WI madness and the UPS man
Last Christmas our kids asked for a Nintendo WI. We seriously thought about getting them one but then decided we really needed to put Christ back in Christmas at our house and went for a simpler holiday plan. Please don't feel sorry for my kids. They already had three game systems and I really don't think they need the newest and greatest in everything the minute it comes out. We told the kids they could earn money doing chores, and if they didn't complain about their chores every minute they were doing them we would consider getting the WI in March when they were off track. Well, they kept up their end of the bargain so I had to keep mine. However, I had a little problem. March came and their was not a WI to be found anywhere. How could a company so underestimate the demand for one of their products? I couldn't order it online, I called daily to stores to see if they had any coming in. Nothing, I found nothing. So, whats a desperate Mom to do but go to the one place you can always depend on to find what you need. EBAY! Last week we began bidding and I could not believe what some people were paying for these things. We were finally the winning bidder (I refuse to divulge how much I ended up paying) and you would have thought we had just won the lottery for all the high fiving and hooping and hollering going on.

Yesterday was the "Big Day". The WI was due to arrive via UPS. In the morning the kids had me log on to UPS and track our package. It left the warehouse at 5:30am and was due to be delivered any time. They were sure it would be delivered by lunch time. I was not so sure. I knew the nice UPS guy usually came our way in the early evening, but who was I to burst their little bubble of hope. Three o'clock came around and I had to pick up my middle schooler. First words out of his mouth, did it come yet? Nope. Next, 5:30pm pick up of high schooler. Did it come yet? Nope. Finally at 6:45 Tuesday evening the door bell rang and the poor UPS guy, Dave, probably thought he was being tackled by a pack of wild dogs. I am not kidding! He asked me what was in the package, when I responded he just chuckled, he told me it had made his day, he had never felt more popular in his like. LOL.

The box was quickly opened and all of the contents thrown all over my normally neat and tidy living room. This is the one room in the house I can usually keep clean. My children really had no concerns about that as WI madness had taken over. They bowled, played tennis, softball, and various other sports. The whooped and hollered, high fived, and argued over each others technique. They had a blast. But, then it happened. There mean mean mother actually came into the room and told them they all had to go to bed! Can you imagine???

Here are some pics of the kids fine bowling form:










Yep, WI madness has taken over. The only really good thing that has come out of this, other than all the exercise they will be getting jumping around, is they all jumped right out of bed this morning for school. Just in case they could get a few minutes of play time before we had to leave. Unbelievable!!!!

Labels:


  posted at 8:27 AM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 11:44 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

You know what?! I have banned video games from my house (pre-marital thing). But those WI things actually look fun enough for me to actually want one.

I hope they all have a blast.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Sounds like a grand time! Did the neighbors wonder at the racket? ;)

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Janis Rodgers said...

This is too funny. My son saved up his money and with his birthday money from us managed to save enough for the Wii. We just got his on Tuesday. He is really enjoying it, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I hope your kids enjoy it. Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: