Monday, November 30, 2009
4 Days!
My stomach feels like it did when I was a child on Christmas Eve. I know something good is coming and I just don't want to wait!

I went to Toys R' Us last night and did some shopping to occupy my mind. I feel so guilty because I am not in the mood for the shopping/gifts part of Christmas. When I was checking out I made the cashier void my order, not once but twice, because I had changed my mind about what I wanted to buy. I am sure she thought I was a psycho. I then go to Target to buy a Yankee Candle to make the house smell pretty and my credit card is denied. For a $26.78 purchase. What the heck? Seems when I had the cashier void out my order it red flagged my credit card. Chase called Dave to make sure it wasn't stolen. Never a dull moment around here.

Last night was the official start of the Advent Season (always starts the 4th Sunday before Christmas). Two years ago we read Jotham's Journey, last year it was Bartholomew's Passage, and this year we are finishing up the Trilogy with Tabitha's Travels.

We make it a fun family time before bed and always have lots of good snacks to go along with the reading. Last night Paige did my hair while we read. Don't I look lovely?



I think all that shopping did me in! Although, Dave looks happy and it's a good bottom shot of the dog furiously wagging her tail. (Photography by Paige)

Labels: , ,


  posted at 10:56 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

so excited for you guys! can't wait!!!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger The Gang's Momma! said...

LOL - love the hair girl :) You should hit the red carpet for some CA premiere like that ;)

And hang in there. I'm praying with you!

Rumor has it that there are referrals coming out of China tomorrow, so you won't be the only momma on pins and needles this week. All the 3/29'ers that got left out last batch are holding their collective breath!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: