Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Settling In
I told you that Dave took Zach and Garrett with him to Arizona this past weekend. Zach had a baseball tournament that started Friday morning. Tyler didn't want to go this time so he stayed home with Samantha, Paige and I.

I had big plans.

I wanted to get some school work organized for the kids. Because I decided to homeschool a few weeks before the school year started I never had any time to plan and organize before we started. I have been flying by the seat of my pants, which has worked out OK, I much prefer to be a little more on top of things.

Well, Friday night I got sick. I mean REALLY sick. Sick to the point I thought I might be having gallbladder or appendix problems. I called one of my girlfriends to see what she thought might be going on and for moral support since I was the only adult around. By Sunday night I was feeling a little better and figured I had just had a bad case of the stomach flu. I also think my stomach was really over reacting because I took two different kinds of medicine for my symptoms, I hardly ever even take an aspirin, and it was to much for my system. I'm still not 100% but feeling much better. My nose is still stuffy and my ears are all clogged up. I feel like my balance is really off still due to the ear issues. Overall though, much better.

However, my plans of getting organized for school were gone. Oh well.

Monday we did a little school and the kids helped me dig out of the mess made over the weekend while I was down and out. On Tuesday we really needed to do lots of school to catch up, however, we had joined this new mother's book club and the first meeting was that day. It was at the house of the very experienced home schooler who runs our group. I really wanted to go. The kids really wanted to go. We went.

The mom's are all reading Season's of a Mother's Heart by Sally Clarkson. I had already read Sally's other book Educating The Whole Hearted Child and really enjoyed it. I recommend this book to any new (or old) homeschooling mom. It really encouraged me and brought me to a whole new perspective on our homeschooling journey.

We had three hours of wonderful sharing and encouragement while our kids ran around this families large property and played all kinds of games together. The wisdom and idea's I got from these more experienced ladies was fantastic. I left there so excited to have met these wonderful women, I can't wait for next months meeting!

Samantha, Garrett and Paige all had a great time also. They all seemed to make friends easily and really didn't want to leave when it was over.

Samantha said this on the way home in the car. "Mom", she said, "This was one of the best days ever".

Which, of course, made this mom really happy. I wasn't at all sure how long it would take them to adjust to there new life as homeschoolers, or if they ever would at all. However, they haven't complained in weeks, other than when they didn't want to do an assignment I had given them. No asking when they can go back to there "real school". What an Awesome answer to prayer!

Labels: ,


  posted at 8:10 AM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: