Saturday, January 19, 2008
Warning: Newbie On The Road
Today hubby took Zach to get his driving permit. He could have gotten it 8 months ago but he is so busy playing baseball all the time we just haven't had time.

To be honest, I wasn't really in a hurry for him to get it.

However, today we had some time...and hubby took him.....and he passed the test.

So, for the next six months he will practice, and I will worry about the day he actually gets his license. Six months from now. The thought of one of my kids driving a car makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I'm a worrier by nature.

I am working on that.

Tonight I picked him up at the movies with some friends. On the way home he asked if we could practice driving tomorrow.

Sure, I said, with fake enthusiasm.

Sounds like fun.

Kind of like a root canal or natural child birth.

Labels:


  posted at 5:14 AM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

While we were at the DMV today getting the car registered, Kati offhandedly mentioned it's only 4 months and 19 days til she's old enough to get her permit.

But who's counting ...

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

So who's the lucky parent that gets to teach him to drive?

My mom taught my oldest sibling to drive, and then apparently that was so bad that my dad had to teach the rest of us. ;)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Momala said...

My husband did all the driving with my kids. I went once but we decided that that it wasn't good for the kids to have mom in the passenger seat screaming her head off. My older two now both have their licences. So far they have done well. I spend a lot of time worrying and praying.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

I am so glad Keilani is 8 right now. I'm not ready for a trip to the DMV! You are gonna be just fine. :)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Every parents nightmare!Drivers license time! I have to say,my kids turned out to be better and safer drivers than i am.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a milestone! I am glad we are years away from that, but I know it will be here before I am ready! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: