Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Let's Go To The Beach
Last week the weather was really cold for California. When I say really cold I mean around 45 degrees. Us Californians wear scarfs and gloves and refuse to leave the house when the weather gets that frigid. As I have said before, we are a bunch of complaining wimps.

Paige has had enough of this cold weather and has insisted upon wearing a swim suit every day for he past week. I get her dressed in warm clothing, turn around, and off she has gone to change into her beach attire.

I tried to explain that it was the wrong season for the beach. There was no reasoning with her.


She was going to the beach.


No, I said, mommy is NOT driving you to the beach.


To which she replied "It OK mom, I take the bus".


Thankfully, after a while, playing with her horses sounded more fun than the beach.




I found her in the bathtub this morning swimming in her bathing suit.
Knowing my stubborn little girl we will be wearing gloves and scarves in July.
She is definitely a girl that does not like to take NO for an answer.
It's a good thing she is soo cute. God's protection against a frustrated parent no doubt.

Labels:


  posted at 9:38 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:48 AM, Blogger heidi @ ggip said...

Well I always tell people that my job as a parent is to raise a child that will become independent.

Sounds like you already reached your goal!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger LISA said...

Paige is such a cutie! Wouldn't we all love to be in beachwear in January??!
Lisa :)

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Rochelle said...

LOL!! I want to go to beach too! Really I do! Hawaii anyone???

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

And you keep these pictures on hand so that when she comes complaining about how stubborn her own offspring are.....you can say, "Let me show you something."

I mean, why go through all this frustration if there is no benefit down the road? :)

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

On the flip side, that's shorts weather for us! LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
About Me...

Name:
Julie


I am a spontaneous, out going, daughter of the King, who is married to a wonderful guy who is a quiet, shy, non-spontaneous, scientist who also loves the Lord. Truly a match made in heaven! We fight and argue, love and laugh, every single day. I am passionate about orphan care and love to tell our story to anyone who will listen. This blog is dedicated to that journey.

My Complete Profile


Cast Of Charachters



Me and Samantha (13)


Tyler (16) with Grandpa and Grandma


Hubby and Zach (18) at a game


Garrett (11) and Paige (6)


Waiting for a court date!


The Gang


Jo Jo


Sydney


Mr. Fluffy Bottoms

People I Love To Visit

Blessed By Adoption

Homeschooling Friends

Words To Live By
"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
~Psalm 127
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 1:27



Add Snippets to your site


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Family-Friendly Blog



Clicks


Kidsites2_copy


The WeatherPixie

Fun Stuff

Recent Entries

Archives

Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
istockphoto

Powered by:


Meter: